CIOs are driving cloud management purchase decisions to mitigate risks associated with multicloud strategies. Enterprise use of multicloud architectures are rapidly transforming the way enterprise infrastructure and operations and development teams provision, configure, monitor, and optimize digital business services for employees, customers, and partners. There is a proliferation of private, hybrid, and public cloud management solutions, creating the potential for a market bifurcation with enterprise IT buyers between traditional and emerging cloud management solutions. Policy-based automation, end-user self-service, consumption-based costing, advanced IT operations analytics, and community-driven open source innovation are all needed to ensure agile reactions to rapidly shifting priorities. Enterprise cloud and SDDC management software buyers, public and private cloud management software vendors, SDDC and cloud service providers, and investors all look to IDC's Cloud Management Software service to provide the expert insight and market intelligence needed to make strategic cloud and software-defined datacenter management decisions.
Cloud Management Software
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Public and private cloud management software revenue forecast and vendor share research
- Enterprise best practice research and examples for cloud management product selection.
- Major cloud management vendor strategies
- Enterprise tactics and strategies for optimizing public, private, and hybrid cloud business value
- The analysis of various cloud management vendor strategies, spanning private, hybrid, and public cloud providers
- The role of cloud management in DevOps and Agile best practices and the modern application development practices
- A balance of research that touches on CIO, staff, and strategic and tactical cloud management topics
- Worldwide Cloud Systems Management Software Forecast and Trends
- Worldwide Cloud Systems Management Software Vendor Strategies and Market Shares
- IDC MaturityScape: Multicloud Management Strategies
- Impact of DevOps and Digital Business Strategies on Multicloud Management Priorities
- The Role of Open Source in Cloud Management
- Enterprise IT Best Practices on Multicloud Management Practices
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the top customer priorities impacting demand for cloud and multicloud management software?
- What are the latest forecasts and market shares for worldwide cloud systems management software solutions?
- How are major vendors and start-ups innovating and rearchitecting management software solutions to address the needs of private, hybrid, and public cloud management requirements?
- What role with public cloud providers play in cloud management and enterprise IT buying trends for management solutions?
This service is designed to assist IT buyers and decision makers as well as the SDDC and cloud systems management software vendors and cloud service providers that support them. Cloud represents a major shift in the way IT solutions and software are developed, deployed, and operated. Buyers need up-to-date insight into best practices, vendor capabilities, and lessons being learned by early adopters. Vendors covered include:
AWS, BMC, CA Technologies, Chef, Cisco, Dynatrace, Google, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Microsoft, New Relic, Puppet, Red Hat, VMware, and many new market entrants.