Enterprise use of cloud and software-defined datacenter (SDDC) architectures are rapidly transforming the way enterprise and service provider datacenter management teams provision, configure, monitor, and optimize digital business services for employees, customers, and partners. Policy-based automation, end-user self-service, consumption-based costing, advanced IT operations analytics, and community-driven open source innovation are all needed to ensure agile reactions to rapidly shifting priorities. Enterprise cloud and SDDC management software buyers, public and private cloud management software vendors, SDDC and cloud service providers, and investors look to IDC's IT Cloud and Software-Defined Datacenter Decision Economics service to provide the expert insight and market intelligence needed to make strategic cloud and software-defined datacenter management decisions.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Public and private cloud systems management software revenue forecasts and vendor shares
- Customer functional priorities and timelines for investing in cloud and SDDC systems management software
- Major cloud and SDDC systems management vendor strategies
- Enterprise tactics and strategies for optimizing public, private, and hybrid cloud and SDDC systems management and business value
- The role of open source in promoting innovation and disrupting the status quo among cloud and SDDC systems management software providers
- Worldwide Cloud Systems Management Software Forecast and Trends
- Worldwide Cloud Systems Management Software Vendor Strategies and Market Shares
- IDC MaturityScape: Multicloud Management Strategies
- Impact of DevOps and Digital Business Strategies on Cloud Management Priorities
- Open Source Impacts, Opportunities, and Use Cases
- Cloud Systems Management User Survey Data
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the top customer priorities impacting demand for cloud and SDDC systems management software?
- What are the latest forecasts and market shares for worldwide cloud systems management software solutions?
- How are major vendors and start-ups innovating and re-architecting management software solutions to address the needs of hybrid cloud and SDDC environments?
- How will open source disrupt cloud and SDDC management software strategies and create new opportunities?
This service is designed to assist IT buyers and decision makers as well as the SDDC and cloud systems management software vendors and cloud service providers that support them. Cloud represents a major shift in the way IT solutions and software are developed, deployed, and operated. Buyers need up-to-date insight into best practices, vendor capabilities, and lessons being learned by early adopters.
Vendors covered include BMC, CA, Chef, Cisco, Dynatrace, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Microsoft, New Relic, Puppet, Red Hat, VMware, and many new market entrants.
BMC Software, Inc.,
CA Technologies, Inc.,
Chef Software, Inc.,
Cisco Systems, Inc.,
Hewlett Packard Enterprise,
New Relic, Inc.,
Red Hat, Inc.,