IDC Government Insights: Worldwide Smart, Sustainable Cities: AI, Cloud and Edge Strategies service advises government executives and suppliers on how data and technology can be used to modernize front- and back-end systems to enable the faster delivery of secure, reliable, and human-centered digital services. IDC analysts analyze best practices for technology investments in the context of digital equity, the employee experience, and sustainable outcomes. This analysis covers vendor offerings in cloud, mobility, IoT, and edge computing, which provide the foundational layer for advanced solutions, such as digital twins. Uses of data and artificial intelligence (AI) to drive productivity and a new frontier of services are also core research topics. Solutions for environmental sustainability and resilience, urban planning and administration, public safety, and transportation are covered in depth, as well as the new processes, relationships, business models, and policies required for the effective deployment of technologies.
IDC Government Insights: Worldwide Smart, Sustainable Cities: AI, Cloud and Edge Strategies
The IDC Government Insights: Worldwide Smart, Sustainable Cities: AI, Cloud and Edge Strategies research advisory service analyzes how municipalities and state, provincial, and regional communities with ICT suppliers and other partners are leveraging technology to improve operations and better serve residents, visitors, and businesses. The continuing evolution of cities along IDC's Smart City Maturity Model, the creation of new partnerships and funding models, and the use of innovative technologies to create smart, sustainable ecosystems are covered in detail.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Vendor capabilities and offerings in enterprise applications, GovTech, cloud services, IoT and edge, AI and automation, and cybersecurity
- The use of emerging technologies such as cloud platforms, cloud applications, AI/analytics, generative AI, the Internet of Things, video management and analytics — with a focus on best practices in data management, ensuring digital trust with the public, and the future of work in regional and local government
- Public safety, transportation, future of work and digital skills, climate technologies, and other departmental initiatives
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- Which innovative technology initiatives are causing significant shifts in the ways local and regional governments conduct business and provide services? How are risk, innovation, and transformation managed?
- What are the organizational, process, and cultural initiatives needed to fully realize the benefits of technology innovation for the future of a sustainable Smart City?
- Which ICT solution providers are facilitating smart, sustainable city, state, and regional government advancements?
- What innovative solutions are being introduced to the market? How will technological innovation help us prepare for population shifts, compound environmental crises, and new work models? What is the balance between guardrails and adoption for new technologies?
- How are Smart Cities and communities sustained? What are emerging business models? How do cities maintain civic engagement and sustainable behaviors?
- What are the technological capabilities that the vendor ecosystems needs to provide in the next three to five years to meet the needs of its subnational government clients? What is the best go-to-market position for suppliers to successfully engage and retain clients?
- What are the priorities of government technology buyers when selecting development and technology partners?
Who Should Subscribe
The service will benefit multiple stakeholders across the urban ecosystem such as global and North American software, cloud, and communications vendors, specialist vendors in public safety, transportation and other municipal areas, professional services providers, and government executive and technology buyers who are seeking to understand how to strategically invest in and deliver technologies and solutions to provide smart, sustainable city services.