Smart Cities and communities are focused on digital transformation to support sustainable development, improve resilience, meet residents' rising expectations, and attract investment, new businesses, and talent. This is a complex undertaking involving cultural and process changes and new relationships, business models, and policies. As a result, city, county, state, and regional leaders are looking to invest in solutions that provide clear benefits and return on investment. Smart City business issues are driving investment in emerging technologies such as analytics, artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things, cloud computing, social engagement and collaboration tools, and mobile solutions. Smart City solutions leverage ICT to deliver higher-quality services more efficiently, to help reduce operational costs, and to improve resiliency and continuity of services to the public. IDC Government Insights: Worldwide Smart Cities and Communities Strategies analyzes the role of ICT in the areas of economic development and civic engagement, urban planning and administration, public safety, transportation, and energy and infrastructure. IDC Government Insights' global team of analysts provides best practice case studies and objective third-party assessments of Smart City solution providers.
IDC Government Insights: Worldwide Smart Cities and Communities Strategies
The IDC Government Insights: Worldwide Smart Cities and Communities Strategies research advisory service analyzes how cities and communities, with ICT suppliers and other partners, are leveraging technology to improve operations and better serve residents, visitors, and businesses. The continuing evolution of cities along IDC's Smart City Maturity Model, the creation of new partnerships and funding models, and the use of innovative technologies to create Smart City and community ecosystems are covered in detail.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Vendor capabilities and offerings in the Smart City landscape
- The use of emerging technologies in cities such as cloud platforms, cloud applications, AI/ analytics, the Internet of Things, video management and analytics, and social media — with a focus on best practices in data management, ensuring digital trust with the public, and the future of work in regional and local government
- Public safety, transportation, future of work and digital skills, and other departmental initiatives such as connected streetlights, open data, and digital inclusion and accessibility
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- Which cities are evolving and implementing Smart City and community strategies, and what are the best practices and critical success factors?
- What policies are driving collaborative investments, and how will they influence Smart City and community development in the years ahead? How is an effective Smart City process formed, and what groups should participate in and/or oversee these initiatives?
- Which innovative technology initiatives are causing significant shifts in the ways local and regional governments conduct business and provide services? How are risk, innovation, and transformation managed?
- Which are the ICT solution providers that are facilitating Smart City and community evolution? Which vendors are introducing innovative solutions to the market?
- How are Smart Cities and communities sustained? What are emerging business models? How do cities maintain civic engagement and sustainable behaviors?
Who Should Subscribe
Government ICT and business planners, technology buyers, and program leaders who are seeking to understand how to strategically invest in and deliver technologies and solutions to create Smart City and community ecosystems
Meet the Experts
Research Vice President – Worldwide Public Safety
Sr. Research Analyst, Government and Health Insights
Vice President, Government Insights, Education and Smart Cities