Health strategies costs in China are predicted to reach about $2 trillion annually by 2025, driven by an aging population and government efforts to broaden insurance coverage, making China the second-largest healthcare economy after the United States. More than 95% of China's 1.4 billion citizens have access to health insurance. The Chinese government has been embarking on a variety of health reform initiatives including the "informization" of the healthcare industry. Regional medical and telemedicine services, which is called "internet+ healthcare" in China, are being implemented. The healthcare service providing business, health insurance, and pharmaceutical business are all transforming to achieve the goal of easier access to healthcare services and cheaper healthcare. All these trends demonstrate a digital transformation trend — in another words, China's healthcare industry is adopting the emerging technologies to fulfill the medical business with a DX model. It is breeding a very big and sustainable market for both technologies and transforming the healthcare business.
IDC Health Insights: China Healthcare Digital Strategies
The IDC Health Insights: China Healthcare Digital Strategies service develops unique and comprehensive analyses of data, focused on providing actionable recommendations. Relevant market data is collected through IDC Health Insights' proprietary research projects along with ongoing communications with industry experts, medical professionals, IT managers from medical institutes, technology vendors, and medical academies complemented by secondary research from conferences, publications, and third-party news sources. To ensure relevance, our analysts work with subscribers to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- 5G Telecom Adoption and Use Cases in the China Healthcare Industry
- IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Health IT Predictions — China Implications
- China Healthcare IT Market Forecast
- China Health IT Market Share: Vendors Growing Business in Transformation Market
- China Life Science IT Market Forecast
- IDC MarketScape: China Healthcare AI Vendor Assessment
- China Healthcare Robotics Adoption Trend and Use Cases
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How is the medical service providing business development in China? How is the health insurance/medical payer business developing in China? How is the life science business developing in China?
- How is the healthcare IT market developing in China, and what are the opportunities for IT infrastructure products, devices, and software/services?
- How are the emerging IT technologies being used in China's healthcare business, such as AI, big data, 5G, robotics, and cloud?
- What's going on with the digital transformation of China's healthcare industry especially that enabled by emerging technology, and what kind of market opportunities is it creating?
- How does this create opportunities/challenges for global suppliers of healthcare (e.g., IT vendors, machine manufacturers, and medical SPs)?
- Who are the significant local suppliers for DX solutions and the emerging healthcare services in China? How will 3rd Platform technologies — cloud, mobility, social, big data, IoT, and analytics — be deployed in digital transformations in China?
- How is the clinical development and commercial pharmaceutical market in China developing?
- What are the best practices for suppliers looking to grow the digital transformation business in China?
Who Should Subscribe
The IDC Health Insights: China Healthcare Digital Strategies service offers guidance for both global healthcare providers and local hospitals to leverage the emerging technologies in the digital transformation of medical services to improve healthcare outcomes and efficiency. It is also essential for all global and local healthcare technology vendors to look for emerging opportunities and evaluate the market potential for strategy decision support; it is an indispensable guide for forming effective partnerships in China.