As cloud market expands, so does investment in new builds of commercial datacenters (DCs). In enterprise datacenters, the market sees more projects to decommission and integrate existing facilities, as enterprise IT assets are being removed to the cloud environment. The efficiency of power systems and cooling systems are even more critical for datacenter managers. IDC's Japan Datacenter Facility Trends and Strategies (Japanese Version with Key English Language Reports) is focused on these critical issues in the DC facility (such as UPS, cooling, and building) and provides an in-depth analysis of end-user trends and forecasts of major markets. In 2019, new research topics such as smarter datacenter, edge IT, and AI deployment will be covered.
Japan Datacenter Facility Trends and Strategies (Japanese Version with Key English Language Reports)
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Datacenter census (number of sites, floor space, and power supply)
- End-user spending on new builds of datacenter facilities (including UPS and cooling systems)
- End-user spending on DC facility maintenance
- Datacenter manager survey on spending trends and management issues
- Japan Datacenter Census Forecast
- Japan Datacenter Facility Market Forecast
- Japan Datacenter Managers Survey
- Japan Edge Micro Datacenter Forecast
- Japan AI Deployment in Datacenter Forecast
- Japan Smarter Datacenter Forecast
- IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Datacenter 2019 Predictions - Japan Implications
Note: All documents will be delivered in local language with the exception of up to two market share and market forecast documents, which will be delivered in both English and local language.
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the size of user spending in new builds of datacenter facilities in Japan?
- What is the size of user spending in maintenance of datacenter facilities in Japan?
- What challenges are faced by enterprise and commercial datacenters with respect to datacenter facilities design and management?
- How many DCs are run in Japan? What is their size distribution? What is the size of power supply in those datacenters? What will these numbers be in five years?
- What is the forecast of edge micro datacenters?
- What is the forecast of AI deployment in datacenters?
- How large is the market opportunity around datacenter automation?
Emerson Electric Co., Fuji Electric Holdings Co., Ltd., Fujitsu Limited, Hitachi, Ltd., IBM, Kajima Corp., Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, NEC Corporation, NTT Facilities Inc., Nippon Steel & Sumikin Engineering Co., Ltd., Obayashi Corp., Schneider Electric SE, Shimizu Corporation, Taisei Corporation, Takenaka Corporation