As cloud market expands, so does investment in new builds of commercial datacenters (DCs). In enterprise datacenters, the market sees more projects to decommission and integrate existing facilities, as enterprise IT assets are being removed to the cloud environment. The efficiency of power systems and cooling systems are even more critical for datacenter managers. IDC's Japan Datacenter Facility Trends and Strategies (Japanese Version with Key English Language Reports) is focused on these critical issues in the DC facility (such as UPS, cooling, and building) and provides an in-depth analysis of end-user trends and forecasts for major markets. In 2018, IDC MaturityScape Benchmark will be published around smarter datacenter.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Datacenter census (sites and floor space)
- End-user spending on new builds of datacenter facilities (including UPS and cooling systems)
- End-user spending on DC facility maintenance
- Datacenter manager survey on spending trends and management issues
- Technology assessment of facility management tools and solutions (power and cooling, DCIM)
- Japan Datacenter Census Forecast
- Japan Datacenter Facility Market Forecast
- Japan Datacenter Managers Survey
- IDC MaturityScape Benchmark: Japan Smarter Datacenter
- IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Datacenter 2018 Predictions — Japan Implication
Note: All documents will be delivered in local language with the exception of up to two market share and market forecast documents, which will be delivered in both English and local language.
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the size of user spending in new builds of datacenter facilities in Japan?
- What is the size of user spending in maintenance of datacenter facilities in Japan?
- What challenges are faced by enterprise and commercial datacenters with respect to datacenter facilities design and management?
- How many DCs are run in Japan? What is their size distribution? What will these numbers be in five years?
- What are the market opportunities of the latest technologies of power and cooling systems and facility management solutions such as DCIM?
Fuji Electric Holdings Co., Ltd.,
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation,
NTT Facilities Inc.,
Nippon Steel & Sumikin Engineering Co., Ltd.,