As the cloud market expands, so does investment in new builds of commercial datacenters (DCs). In enterprise datacenters, the market sees more projects to decommission and integrate existing facilities, as enterprise IT assets are being moved to the cloud environment. IDC's Japan Datacenter Facility and Colocation Strategies (Japanese Version with Key English Language Reports) service is focused on hosting infrastructure services as well as these critical issues in the DC facility (such as UPS, cooling, and building) and provides an in-depth analysis of end-user trends and forecasts of major markets. In 2021, the analysis of hosting infrastructure services (defined as datacenter services) is given more granular decompositions.
Japan Datacenter Facility and Colocation Strategies (Japanese Version with Key English Language Reports)
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Datacenter census (number of sites, floor space, and power supply)
- End-user spending on new builds of datacenter facilities (including UPS and cooling systems)
- End-user spending on DC facility maintenance
- Datacenter services (hosting and colocation)
- Japan Datacenter Census Forecast
- Japan Datacenter Facility Market Forecast
- Japan Datacenter Managers' Survey
- Japan Datacenter Services Market Forecast (Hosting/Colocation)
- Japan Datacenter Operators' Strategies
- Japan IoT Edge Micro Datacenter Deployment
- Japan Interconnection Updates in Commercial Datacenters
Note: All documents will be delivered in the local language with the exception of up to two market share and market forecast documents, which will be delivered in both English and the local language.
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the size of user spending in new builds of datacenter facilities in Japan?
- What is the size of user spending in the maintenance of datacenter facilities in Japan?
- What are the challenges faced by enterprise and commercial datacenters with respect to datacenter facilities' design and management?
- How many DCs are run in Japan? What is their size distribution? What is the size of the power supply in those datacenters? What will these numbers be in five years?
- What is the size of the datacenter services market (hosting and colocation) and its forecast?
- What are the challenges faced by commercial datacenter operators?
AT TOKYO Corporation, Colt Group S.A., Digital Realty Trust, Inc., Equinix Inc., Fuji Electric Holdings Co., Ltd., Fujitsu Limited, Hitachi, Ltd., IBM, IDC Frontier Inc., IIJ Technology Inc., ITOCHU Corporation, KDDI Corporation, Keihanshin Building Co.,Ltd., Mitsubishi Corporation, NEC Corporation, NS Solutions Corporation, NTT Communications Corporation, NTT DATA Corporation, NTT Facilities Inc., Renesas Electronics Corporation, SAKURA Internet Inc., SCSK Corporation, Schneider Electric SE, Shimizu Corporation, TIS Inc., Takenaka Corporation