The worldwide Internet of Things Ecosystem and Trends market continues to see broad interest and momentum, with an expected market size of $1.2 trillion in 2022. Despite the growth, the Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystem is a complex market, with multiple layers and hundreds of players, including device vendors, communications service providers, IoT platform and analytics vendors, and IT services providers. The IoT is also witnessing the collision of operations technology and information technology groups within enterprises. The Internet of Things Ecosystem and Trends service analyzes the growth of this market from the autonomously connected endpoints and its spend potential, and it assesses the devices, platforms, applications, and services that will enable a world of connected "things."
Internet of Things Ecosystem and Trends
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- IoT market opportunity for spend and deployments
- IoT platform vendor landscape
- Intersection of IoT and artificial intelligence
- Implications for edge computing on IoT
- Implications of blockchain on specific IoT use cases
- IoT monetization best practices
- Commentary on how the market is organized and the key segments and technologies
- Market maturity and adoption
- Vendor opportunities within each layer of the technology stack
- The coexistence of IT and OT in the Internet of Things
- Decision maker input into buying behaviors, preferences, and technology requirements
- WW IoT Spending Forecast
- Annual Global IoT Decision Maker Survey
- IoT Platform Taxonomy
- IoT Platform Forecast and Analysis
- IoT IDC DecisionScapes
- IoT IDC MaturityScape 2.0
- Profiles of Vendors Leading IoT Evolution
- Use Cases of Innovative IoT Implementations
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the size of and forecast for the worldwide and regional markets for the Internet of Things?
- How is the IoT platform evolving? What type of consolidation do we expect? What is the market size and opportunity for this segment of the market? What vendors are leading this segment?
- What does the IoT value chain look like? How should vendors position themselves for success within it?
- What are the key challenges facing customers as they embark on IoT deployments?
- How is the market maturing as enterprises move beyond proof of concept to scaled deployments?
- What are IoT solution best practices?
AT&T Inc., Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., Aeris, Inc., Alcatel-Lucent, Apple Inc., Arrow Electronics, Inc., CA Technologies, Inc., China Mobile Limited, Cisco Systems, Inc., Dell EMC, Deutsche Telekom AG, EMERSON GROUP LIMITED, Ericsson, Fujitsu Limited, Gemalto N.V., General Electric Company, Google Inc., HP Inc., Hitachi, Ltd., Honeywell International Inc., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Intel Corporation, JASPER WIRELESS, INC., Johnson Controls, Inc., Microsoft Corporation, NTT DoCoMo, Inc., Oracle Corporation, PTC Japan KK, QUALCOMM Inc., Red Hat, Inc., Robert Bosch GmbH, Rockwell Software Inc., SAP SE, Salesforce.com, Inc., Samsung, Schneider Electric, SensorLogic, Sierra Wireless S.A., Sprint Corporation, Symantec Corporation, Telefonica S.A., Telit Wireless Solutions Srl, Toshiba Corporation, Verizon Communications, Inc., Vodafone Group Plc