The worldwide Internet of Things Ecosystem and Trends market continues to see broad interest and momentum, with an expected market size of $1.4 trillion in 2021. Despite the growth, the Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystem is a complex market, with multiple layers and hundreds of players, including device vendors, communications service providers, IoT platform players, software vendors, and IT services providers. The IoT is also witnessing the collision of Operations Technology and Information Technology groups within enterprises. The Internet of Things Ecosystem and Trends service analyzes the growth of this market from the autonomously connected endpoints, and its spend potential, as well as assessing the devices, platforms, applications, and services that will enable a world of connected "things."
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- IoT market opportunity for spend and deployments
- IoT platform vendor landscape
- Demystifying the different types of IoT connectivity
- Commentary on how the market is organized and the key segments and technologies
- Market maturity and adoption
- Vendor opportunities within each layer of the technology stack
- The coexistence of IT and OT in the Internet of Things
- Decision maker input into buying behaviors, preferences, and technology requirements
- Taxonomy of the IoT Ecosystem
- Annual Global IoT Decision Maker Survey
- IoT Platform Taxonomy and MarketScape
- IoT Global Forecast — Installed Base and Spend
- IoT Platform Forecast and Analysis
- IoT Installed Base Forecast by Connectivity Type
- IoT TechScape and PeerScape
- IoT MaturityScape 2.0
- Profiles of Vendors Leading IoT Evolution
- Profiles of Innovative IoT Implementations in B2B Scenarios
- IoT as an Enabler of Digital Transformation
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the size of and forecast for the worldwide and regional markets for the Internet of Things?
- How is the IoT platform evolving? What type of consolidation do we expect? What is the market size and opportunity for this segment of the market? What vendors are leading this segment?
- When will the IoT developer community reach a critical mass?
- What are the key operational challenges facing vendors and service providers in deploying and monitoring connected "things"?
- How is the market maturing as enterprises move beyond proof of concept to scaled deployments?
- What are IoT solution best practices?
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.,
Altimetrik Pvt. Ltd.,
Arrow Electronics, Inc.,
Ayla Networks, Inc.,
CA Technologies, Inc.,
China Mobile Limited,
Cisco Systems, Inc.,
Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation,
Computer Sciences Corporation,
Emerson Electric Co.,
France Telecom SA,
General Electric Company,
Hewlett Packard Enterprise,
Honeywell International Inc.,
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.,
JOHNSON ELECTRIC HOLDINGS LIMITED,
LM Ericsson Telephone Company,
NTT DoCoMo, Inc.,
Red Hat, Inc.,
Robert Bosch GmbH,
Rockwell Automation, Inc.,
Rogers Communications Inc.,
Schneider Electric SA,
Sierra Wireless, Inc.,
Tata Consultancy Services Limited,
Tech Data Corporation,
Telit Wireless Solutions Srl,
Verizon Communications, Inc.,
Vodafone Group Plc,
Zebra Technologies Corporation