IDC's Asia/Pacific Communications Service Provider Technology Strategies program offers insights into the technology strategies of telecom, TV, ISP, and OTT providers in the APEJ region. This service looks specifically at the innovative ways communications SPs are leveraging the 3rd Platform to create next-generation network products and services. End users, both enterprise and consumer, expect communications SPs to bring innovative products to market quickly and at affordable levels. Regardless of the segment, communications SPs are evaluating and adopting new technologies to help them push past their traditional markets and tap into new opportunities.
Asia/Pacific Communications Service Provider Technology Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Telecom network modernization
- SDN/NFV and the emerging telco cloud
- Mobile evolution to 5G networks
- Edge computing networks
- Private networks and network slicing
- Network densification
- Vendor profiling
- Best practices of technology migration strategies
- IDC MarketScape: Asia/Pacific Next-Gen Telcos, 2017
- IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Telecommunications — Asia/Pacific Implications
- Asia/Pacific Capex Forecast, 2018–2022
- Edge Computing in a 5G World
- SDN/NFV in Mobile Networks
- Private LTE Networks in Vertical Industries
- Case Studies
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key technology trends that will affect CSPs in the future?
- What is the impact of next-gen technologies, such as AR, VR, and IoT, on the CSP business?
- What are the operator road map and strategies for the migration to 5G?
- What emerging technologies will help CSPs keep pace with the ever-increasing demand for bandwidth?
- How will CSPs cater to future demand from enterprises for dedicated networks and service quality?
AAPT Ltd., AT&T Inc., BT Group plc, BayanTel Communications Inc., Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd., Bharti Airtel Limited, CAT LTD, China Telecom Corporation Limited, China Unicom Limited, Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd, Ciena Corporation, Corporación Digitel C.A., EBT MOBILE CHINA LIMITED, Ericsson, Globe Group SA, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Hutchison Whampoa Group, KT Corp., Mavenir Systems, Inc., Maxis Berhad, NTT, Nokia Corporation, Optus Pty Ltd, PCCW Solutions Limited, PLDT Inc., SK Holdings Co., Ltd. , Singapore Telecommunications Limited, Softbank Group Corp., Spark New Zealand Limited, StarHub Ltd., Telekom Malaysia Berhad, Telstra Corporation Limited, Vodafone Group Plc