The European Data Infrastructure Technologies and Strategies service analyzes and assesses the technologies, services, solutions, and strategies used to derive value from data. The research focuses on the data strategies of end users as well as technology providers aimed at protecting, managing, and monetizing data in the digital world.
European Data Infrastructure, Services and Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Storage Technologies: Storage appliances, platforms, StaaS, software-defined storage, data infrastructures, hyperconvergence
- Data Management: Data protection, data security, data services, data mobility, analytics, data monetization, and full data lifecycle topics. Also includes European regulatory landscape and data dynamics such as growing volumes and fragmentation
- Cloud data and storage services: DPaaS, DRaaS, cloud storage, object storage, cloud tiering, cloud backup, cloud gateways
- Market Shares: Forecast and competitive analysis of storage and data management technologies; data services forecast
- End-User Trends: Data-related challenges, investment plans, and strategies to turn data into insights; cloud storage trends
- Data Infrastructure for Digital Transformation: Data enabling platforms, data access, orchestration and integrity for platform technologies such as containers and PaaS
- Storage and Data Services for Containers
- Data Services End User Challenges
- Data Management Challenges
- European Data Protection Competitive Analysis
- GDPR Storage Forecast — 2019–2023
- European Storage Software Forecast, 2019–2023
- European Public Cloud Storage Forecast, 2019–2023
- Data Infrastructure Trends: Turning data management investment from cost center to revenue source
- Assessment of New Technologies and Vendor Strategies (NVMe, SDS, cloud tiering, data integrity)
- Trends in Storage Channel Communities
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How to become a data-driven company and attach KPIs to measuring the value of data in tangible terms.
- Key requirements to build a data strategy: Exploring cultural, technology, data management, and talent dimensions.
- Which storage technologies are offering the foundation to become data-driven?
- What are the data lifecycle management challenges and how to overcome them?
- What are data services and what services are available to manage data across multicloud and hybrid cloud environments?
- What is the impact of regulations such as GDPR and how to develop a compliance strategy while progressing in data analytics and monetization strategies?
- What new storage, data infrastructure. or management technologies are introduced in the market and what impact are they having.
- How will the data infrastructure, management, and services market evolve?
- What are the trends around cloud storage and how to develop a hybrid cloud data strategy?
- How are DevOps, IoT, cloud-native applications and digital transformation influencing storage and data management purchases?
- 11. What is the role of AI/ML in building a competitive data infrastructure?
ASG Software Solutions, Acronis International GmbH, Actifio, Inc., Amazon Web Services, Inc., Anonos Inc., Apache Software Foundation, Arcserve, LLC, Atlantis Computing, Inc., BMC Software, Inc., Barracuda Networks, Inc., CIRCLE COMPUTER GROUP LIMITED, CONNECTED IO LIMITED, CTERA Networks Ltd., Carbonite, Inc., Cloud Foundry Inc., Cloudian, Inc., Cohesity Inc., CommVault Systems, Inc., DATADOBI, DRUVA, Data Global (formerly GFT Inboxx), DataCore Software Corporation, DataDirect Networks, Inc., Dell EMC, Dot Hill Systems Corporation, E8 SECURITY, INC., ExaGrid Systems, Inc., FalconStor Software, Inc., Fujitsu Limited, Google Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Infinidat, Inc., Kaminario, Inc., MICROSEMI CORPORATION, Micro Focus International plc, Microsoft Corporation, Mimecast Limited, MongoDB Inc., NOVASTOR CORPORATION, NetApp, Inc., Nexenta Systems, Inc., Nutanix, Inc., OpenText Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Overland Storage, Inc., Panasas Inc, Pivotal Software, Inc., Protegrity Corp., Pure Storage, Inc., Quantum Corporation, Qumulo, Inc, Quobyte Inc., Rackspace US, Inc., Red Hat, Inc., Rubrik Inc., STEEL EXCEL INC., Scality, Inc., Seagate Technology LLC, Sony Corporation, Splunk Inc., StorPool Ltd., Storageos Ltd, Super Micro Computer Inc., Symantec Corporation, Syncsort Incorporated, Tegile Systems, Inc., Teradata Corporation, VIRTUAL INSTRUMENTS CORPORATION, VMware, Inc., Veeam Software AG, Veritas Technologies LLC, Zadara Storage, Inc., Zerto, iland Internet Solutions, vScaler
Meet the Experts
Research Manager – European Datacenter Research
Senior Program Director, European Software
Senior Research Analyst, European Storage Research
Research Manager, European Storage