IDC's Africa ICT Market Opportunity and Digital Transformation Strategies service analyzes emerging markets in Sub-Saharan Africa. Combining detailed market forecasts with market insights and outlook, key indicators and analysis, and profiles of emerging ICT opportunities, the service is an indispensable source of strategic market information for telecom operators, IT hardware and software vendors, and IT services providers active in the region, as well as for others seeking to assess opportunities in these fast-growing markets. The key countries covered are South Africa, Nigeria, and Kenya, but the service also covers emerging country markets in Sub-Saharan Africa, including Uganda, Ghana, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Angola, Mozambique, and Zambia.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Unified communications, conferencing, and telepresence
- Systems integration, application customization, and consulting services
- Managed, cloud, datacenter, hosting, and colocation services
- IT Security products, trends and outlook
- Enterprise application software (ERP, CRM, and SCM)
- Big data analytics
- Machine-to-machine services
- Telecom services, IP-VPN, and enterprise data networks
- Enterprise hardware
- Enterprise mobility and mobile device management
- Industry ICT spending and forecast growth rates
- Internet of things and Blockchain trends
- Technology adoption trends by vertical market
- Technology adoption among small and medium-sized enterprises (SME)
- Grey-market dynamics
- CIO investment strategies
- The monetization of 4G and broadband
- 3D printing outlook
- Mobile money
- South Africa IT Services 2018–2022 Market Forecast
- South Africa Vertical Markets 2018–2022 IT Spending Forecast
- South Africa Cloud, Hosted, Managed, and Outsourced Services Market 2017 Analysis and 2018–2022 Forecast
- The State of Play of Managed Security Services in Africa and Market Demand
- Africa Broadband Review: Is Technology Important?
- Grey and Refurbished Market in South Africa Mobile Phone Industry
- Personal Computing Device Penetration in the Southern African Development Community
- Hybrid IT Maturity and Adoption
- Democratization of Content and Its Effect on the Market in Africa
- IoT Kenya: Market Insights and Trends
- Security Challenges in the Print Environment
- ICT Market Perspective: Senegal
- Automation and Process Digitalization: Lessons from East Africa
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the state of 3rd Platform services in Sub-Saharan Africa?
- What monetization strategies are telcos considering?
- How can ICT providers tap into strategic opportunities in Sub-Saharan Africa?
- What are the key trends and developments, and how will they impact ICT use and spending in Sub-Saharan Africa?
- What is the competitive positioning of ICT providers?
- What is the outlook for security technologies in Sub-Saharan Africa, and how will it impact CIOs?
- What influence do lines of business have on Enterprise ICT spending?
- What is the state of ICT spending in Sub-Saharan Africa?
- What are IoT opportunities and use cases in Africa, and how can operators and vendors capture market share?
- How are sub-Saharan partner and channel networks adapting to new distribution models?
- What technology user trends are influencing 3rd Platform adoption in sub-Saharan Africa?
- How are Small and Medium Enterprises using technology to improve business efficiency?
Altron GmbH & Co KG,
BT Group plc,
Bharti Airtel Limited,
Business Connexion Group Limited,
Bytes Technology Group Limited,
Cisco Systems, Inc.,
CommVault Systems, Inc.,
Datacentrix Holdings Limited,
Deutsche Telekom AG,
EOH Holdings Limited,
Hewlett Packard Enterprise,
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.,
LM Ericsson Telephone Company,
Liquid Telecom Group,
MTN Group Limited,
Motorola Solutions, Inc.,
Neotel (Pty) Ltd,
Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation,
SAS Institute Inc.,
Sage Group plc,
Tarsus Group PLC,
Telkom SA Limited,
Trend Micro Incorporated,
Verint Systems Inc.,
Vodacom Group Ltd.,
WESTCON GROUP AS,