IDC's Africa ICT Market Opportunity and Digital Business Strategies service analyzes emerging markets in Sub-Saharan Africa. Combining detailed market forecasts with market insights and outlook, key indicators and analysis, and profiles of emerging ICT opportunities, the service is an indispensable source of strategic market information for telecom operators, IT hardware and software vendors, and IT services providers active in the region, as well as for others seeking to assess opportunities in these fast-growing markets. The key countries covered are South Africa, Nigeria, and Kenya, but the service also covers emerging country markets in Sub-Saharan Africa, including Uganda, Ghana, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Angola, Mozambique, Cote d’Ivoire, Cameroon, and Zambia.
Africa ICT Market Opportunity and Digital Business Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Unified communications, conferencing, and telepresence
- Systems integration, application customization, and consulting services
- Managed, datacenter, hosting, and colocation services
- Cloud computing
- IT security products, trends, and outlook
- Enterprise application software (ERP, CRM, and SCM)
- Artificial Intelligence and big data outlook
- Industry and government sector technology adoption plans
- Enterprise hardware
- Enterprise mobility and mobile device management
- ICT adoption trends, spending, and forecast growth rates by vertical market
- Internet of Things and blockchain trends
- Technology adoption among small and medium-sized enterprises (SME)
- Grey-market dynamics
- CIO investment strategies
- The monetization of data
- Telecommunications regulations
- Mobile money trends
- Data Regulation and Policy Developments in Sub-Saharan Africa, 2022
- Enterprise Public and Private Cloud Adoption and Strategy Trends, 2022
- South Africa Market Perspective: Mining and Resource Industry, 2022
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Adoption in Sub-Saharan Africa, 2022
- Future of Work: Workplace Transformation in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Application Development and Innovation Adoption in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Application Modernization and Platform as a Service in Sub-Saharan Africa
- South Africa Market Perspective: Manufacturing
- Process and Technology Automation Adoption in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Enterprise Public and Private Cloud Adoption and Strategic Trends, 2023
- South Africa Enterprise Application Software Market Forecast, 2022–2027
- South Africa Public Cloud Market 2022 Analysis and 2023–2027 Forecast
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the state of 3rd Platform ICT services in Sub-Saharan Africa?
- What monetization strategies are technology buyers considering?
- How can ICT providers tap strategic opportunities in Sub-Saharan Africa?
- What are the key ICT trends and developments, and how will they impact ICT use and spending in Sub-Saharan Africa?
- What are the competitive positionings of ICT providers?
- What is the region's cybersecurity outlook, and how will it impact CIOs?
- What influence do lines of business have on enterprise ICT spending?
- What is the state of ICT spending in Sub-Saharan Africa?
- What new use cases are relevant in Africa, and how can operators and vendors capture market share?
- What new distribution models are Sub-Saharan channel networks adapting?
- What technology user trends are influencing digital business in the region?
- How are SMEs using technology to improve business efficiency?
- What is the state of ICT and related regulation and government policy in Sub-Saharan Africa?
ALTRON, Accenture plc, Amazon Web Services Inc., Apple Inc., BT Group plc, Bharti Airtel Limited, Business Connexion Group Limited, Bytes Technology Group Limited, Cisco Systems Inc., Communications Wireless Group LLC, Commvault Systems, Inc., Datacentrix Holdings Limited, Dell Technologies Inc., Deloitte LLP, EOH Holdings Limited, Emirates Telecommunications Corporation, Ericsson, Fortinet, Inc., Gijima AST Group Limited, Google LLC, HCL Technologies Limited, HTC Corporation, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Intel Corporation, Internet Solutions, Liquid Intelligent Technologies, MTN SA, Microsoft Corporation, Mimecast Limited, Motorola Solutions, Inc., Mustek Systems Inc., Neotel (Pty) Ltd, Nokia Corporation, ORGADATA AG, Openserve, Oracle Corporation, Orange S.A., PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, SAP SE, SAS Institute Inc., Safaricom Ltd, Sage Group plc, Samsung, Tarsus Group PLC, Telkom SA Limited, Teraco, Inc., Trend Micro Incorporated, VMware, Inc., Verint Systems Inc., Vodacom Group Ltd., Westcon Inc., Wipro Limited, ZTE Corporation