IDC's Africa ICT Market Opportunity and Digital Transformation Strategies service analyzes emerging markets in Sub-Saharan Africa. Combining detailed market forecasts with market insights and outlook, key indicators and analysis, and profiles of emerging ICT opportunities, the service is an indispensable source of strategic market information for telecom operators, IT hardware and software vendors, and IT services providers active in the region, as well as for others seeking to assess opportunities in these fast-growing markets. The key countries covered are South Africa, Nigeria, and Kenya, but the service also covers emerging country markets in Sub-Saharan Africa, including Uganda, Ghana, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Angola, Mozambique, and Zambia.
Africa ICT Market Opportunity and Digital Transformation Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Unified communications, conferencing, and telepresence
- Systems integration, application customization, and consulting services
- Managed, cloud, datacenter, hosting, and colocation services
- IT security products, trends, and outlook
- Enterprise application software (ERP, CRM, and SCM)
- Artificial Intelligence and Big Data outlook
- Industry and Government sector technology adoption plans
- Telecom services, IP-VPN, and enterprise data networks
- Enterprise hardware
- Enterprise mobility and mobile device management
- Technology investment and economic impact
- Industry ICT spending and forecast growth rates
- Internet of things and blockchain trends
- Technology adoption trends by vertical market
- Technology adoption among small and medium-sized enterprises (SME)
- Grey-market dynamics
- CIO investment strategies
- The monetization of data
- Telecommunications regulations
- Mobile money trends
- South Africa IT Services Market 2019–2023 Forecast
- South Africa Cloud, Hosted, Managed, and Outsourced Services Market 2019 Analysis and 2020–2024 Forecast
- Sub-Saharan Africa Telecommunications Market 2019 Overview
- South Africa IT Services Market 2019 Analysis and Competitive Profiles
- Sub-Saharan Africa IoT Trends and Expectations, 2020
- Trends in the Refurbished Printer Market in South Africa, 2020
- Drivers and Inhibitors of Local Mobile Phone Brand Manufacturing in Africa
- Digital Transformation in the Government Sector in Sub-Saharan Africa
- The Evolving Telecommunications Market in Sub-Saharan Africa
- FTTx Deployments in South Africa: Opportunities and Challenges
- The Status of Cloud Connectivity Services in South Africa
- IoT Uptake in South Africa
- Key Enterprise Infrastructure Trends in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Adapting to Supply Chain Shocks Occasioned by COVID-19
- 3D Printing: Shaping Africa's Future
- Nigeria 2020 ICT Country Report
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the state of 3rd Platform ICT services in Sub-Saharan Africa?
- What monetization strategies are technology buyers considering?
- How can ICT providers tap strategic opportunities in Sub-Saharan Africa?
- What are the key ICT trends and developments, and how will they impact ICT use and spending in Sub-Saharan Africa?
- What are the competitive positionings of ICT providers?
- What is the region's cybersecurity outlook, and how will it impact CIOs?
- What influence do lines of business have on enterprise ICT spending?
- What is the state of ICT spending in Sub-Saharan Africa?
- What new use cases are relevant in Africa, and how can operators and vendors capture market share?
- How are Sub-Saharan partner and channel networks adapting to new distribution models?
- What technology user trends are influencing digital transformation in Sub-Saharan Africa?
- How are SMEs using technology to improve business efficiency?
ALTRON, Accenture plc, Amazon Web Services Inc., Apple Inc., BT Group plc, Bharti Airtel Limited, Business Connexion Group Limited, Bytes Technology Group Limited, Cisco Systems, Inc., Communications Wireless Group LLC, Commvault Systems, Inc., Datacentrix Holdings Limited, Dell EMC, Deloitte LLP, Dimension Data Holdings PLC, EOH Holdings Limited, Emirates Telecommunications Corporation, Ericsson, Fortinet, Inc., Google LLC, HCL Technologies Limited, HTC Corporation, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Intel Corporation, Internet Solutions, Liquid Telecom Group, MTN Group Limited, Microsoft Corporation, Mimecast Limited, Motorola Solutions, Inc., Mustek Systems Inc., Neotel (Pty) Ltd, Nokia Corporation, ORGADATA AG, Openserve, Oracle Corporation, Orange S.A., PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, SAP SE, SAS Institute Inc., Safaricom Ltd, Sage Group plc, Samsung, T-Systems International GmbH, Tarsus Group PLC, Telkom SA Limited, Trend Micro Incorporated, VMware, Inc., Verint Systems Inc., Vodacom Group Ltd., Westcon Inc., Wipro Limited, ZTE Corporation