IDC's Africa ICT Market Opportunity and Digital Transformation Strategies service analyzes emerging markets in Sub-Saharan Africa. Combining detailed market forecasts with market insights and outlook, key indicators and analysis, and profiles of emerging ICT opportunities, the service is an indispensable source of strategic market information for telecom operators, IT hardware and software vendors, and IT services providers active in the region, as well as for others seeking to assess opportunities in these fast-growing markets. The key countries covered are South Africa, Nigeria, and Kenya, but the service also covers emerging country markets in Sub-Saharan Africa, including Uganda, Ghana, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Angola, Mozambique, and Zambia.
Africa ICT Market Opportunity and Digital Transformation Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Unified communications, conferencing, and telepresence
- Systems integration, application customization, and consulting services
- Managed, cloud, datacenter, hosting, and colocation services
- IT security products, trends, and outlook
- Enterprise application software (ERP, CRM, and SCM)
- Big data analytics
- Machine-to-machine services
- Telecom services, IP-VPN, and enterprise data networks
- Enterprise hardware
- Enterprise mobility and mobile device management
- Industry ICT spending and forecast growth rates
- Internet of things and blockchain trends
- Technology adoption trends by vertical market
- Technology adoption among small and medium-sized enterprises (SME)
- Grey-market dynamics
- CIO investment strategies
- The monetization of data
- 3D printing outlook
- Mobile money
- South Africa IT Services Market 2019–2023 Forecast
- South Africa Vertical Markets 2019–2023 IT Spending Forecast
- South Africa Cloud, Hosted, Managed, and Outsourced Services Market 2018 Analysis and 2019–2023 Forecast
- The State of Play of Managed Security Services in Africa and Market Demand
- IoT in Africa: The Cornerstone of Smart Cities?
- How 5G Is Anticipated to Transform Africa
- The Rise of Denial-of-Service Attacks in Sub-Saharan Africa
- The Impacts of Increasing Communication Reach in Rural South Africa
- Kenya ICT Market Overview, 2019–2023
- Nigeria ICT Market Overview, 2019–2023
- Affordable Handsets Driving Growth in Africa's Smartphone Market
- The Status of OTT Regulations in Sub-Saharan Africa
- The Future of Artificial Intelligence in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Innovation Accelerators Across Verticals in Nigeria: Impacts and Use Cases
- The Road to the Adoption of Cloud Computing in Kenya
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the state of 3rd Platform ICT services in Sub-Saharan Africa?
- What monetization strategies are companies considering?
- How can ICT providers tap into strategic opportunities in Sub-Saharan Africa?
- What are the key ICT trends and developments, and how will they impact ICT use and spending in Sub-Saharan Africa?
- What are the competitive positionings of ICT providers?
- What is the outlook for security technologies in Sub-Saharan Africa, and how will it impact CIOs?
- What influence do lines of business have on Enterprise ICT spending?
- What is the state of ICT spending in Sub-Saharan Africa?
- What are the IoT opportunities and use cases in Africa, and how can operators and vendors capture market share?
- How are Sub-Saharan partner and channel networks adapting to new distribution models?
- What technology user trends are influencing 3rd Platform adoption in sub-Saharan Africa?
- How are small and medium enterprises using technology to improve business efficiency?
Accenture plc, Altron GmbH & Co KG, Amazon Web Services Inc., Apple Inc., BT Group plc, Bharti Airtel Limited, Business Connexion Group Limited, Bytes Technology Group Limited, CMB Wireless Group LLC, Cisco Systems, Inc., Commvault Systems, Inc., Datacentrix Holdings Limited, Dell EMC, Dell Inc., Deloitte LLP, EOH Holdings Limited, Emirates Telecommunications Corporation, Ericsson, Fortinet, Inc., Google Inc., HCL, HTC Corporation, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Intel Corporation, Internet Solutions, Liquid Telecom Group, MTN Group Limited, Microsoft Corporation, Mimecast Limited, Motorola Solutions, Inc., Mustek Ltd, NTT, Neotel (Pty) Ltd, Nokia Corporation, ORGADATA AG, Openserve, Oracle Corporation, Orange S.A., PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, SAP SE, SAS Institute Inc., Safaricom Ltd, Sage Group plc, Samsung, T-Systems International GmbH, Tarsus Group PLC, Telkom SA Limited, Trend Micro Incorporated, VMware, Inc., Verint Systems Inc., Vodacom Group Ltd., Westcon Inc., Wipro Limited, ZTE Corporation
Meet the Experts
Associate Vice President, South Africa, IDC
Senior Research Analyst
Senior Research Analyst, Telecoms & Networking, Africa