Industry-specific strategies enable IT providers the ability to differentiate themselves, enhance margins, and establish longer-lasting, deeper, and more meaningful relationships with their clients. While certain verticals are given airplay in the national media and general press, data on the addressable market and technology trends is limited and inconsistent. IDC's Canadian Vertical Markets report series addresses this need and provides IT suppliers the information they require to identify opportunities and develop solutions and industry account plans.
- Financial services, including banking, life and property and casualty insurance carriers, and wealth management organizations
- Government, including federal, provincial, and municipal markets
- Manufacturing, including primary, process, and discrete manufacturing and consumer goods products
- Business services, including professional services such as accounting, legal, engineering, and consulting
- Healthcare, including primary care, provincial, and municipal health agencies
- Energy, including upstream and downstream oil and gas as well as utilities
- Retail and wholesale
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.