Industry-specific strategies enable IT providers the ability to differentiate themselves, enhance margins, and establish longer-lasting, deeper, and more meaningful relationships with their clients. While certain verticals are given airplay in the national media and general press, data on the addressable market and technology trends is limited and inconsistent. IDC's Canadian Vertical Markets report series addresses this need and provides IT suppliers the information they require to identify opportunities and develop solutions and industry account plans.
Canadian Vertical Markets
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- IDC's vertical market series provides in-depth coverage on the financial services, government, healthcare, energy, manufacturing, and retail/wholesale industries. These markets will account for over 90% of Canada's IT spend in 2018 and will be the primary drivers of the Canadian economy in the future. Using the full spectrum of IDC's research, the vertical market reports assess the demand for telecommunications, hardware, software, and services.
- Financial services, including banking, life and property and casualty insurance carriers, and wealth management organizations
- Government, including federal, provincial, and municipal markets
- Manufacturing, including primary, process, and discrete manufacturing and consumer goods products
- Business services, including professional services such as accounting, legal, engineering, and consulting
- Healthcare, including primary care, provincial, and municipal health agencies
- Energy, including upstream and downstream oil and gas as well as utilities
- Retail and wholesale
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the addressable market size?
- What segments are growing the fastest?
- What are the current market forces in each vertical market?
- What will the vertical markets' ICT budgets and expenditure plans be now and in the future?
- At what stage of adoption are users with technologies such as analytics, mobility, cloud computing, and social business?
- What drivers and objectives do users use in buying technology?
- What selection criteria do buyers use in decisions? How are specific vendors perceived in the marketplace?