IDC's PaaS: Cloud App Platforms and Developer Services leverages a combination of demand-side research with unparalleled market modeling expertise to identify the evolving needs of buyers as they implement products and services needed to accelerate application development and deployment that may be on-premises, in the cloud, or multicloud — spanning diverse environments. This program also helps vendors with market and product planning, aligning their products with customer needs and gaining a competitive understanding of what services are being implemented and what factors into buying decisions. It also provides insights into market adoption, vendor positioning, and technology advances toward highly dynamic cloud-based service-centric computing environments for developing, deploying, testing, and maintaining applications.
PaaS: Cloud App Platforms and Developer Services
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Platform-as-a-service (PaaS) market size, share, forecast, segmentation (region and major market segments), and analysis
- Cloud application platform and supporting components like integration, data, and application development and life-cycle services
- User requirements and usage patterns for evolving on-premises, public, and multicloud application platforms and PaaS
- In-depth evaluation of vendor business models, architectures, and product and service offering capabilities
- User demand, requirements, and issues surrounding cloud-based testing, security, and application development and deployment
- Architectural technologies including composite applications, container orchestration, microservices, event-based systems, and function-driven technologies supporting developer services like cognitive and Internet of Things (IoT) functions
- Case studies with in-depth looks at buyer decisions and implementation strengths and challenges
- Worldwide platform as a service market shares
- Worldwide platform as a service forecast
- IDC MarketScape for PaaS and IDC MaturityScape for PaaS
- IDC TechScape for PaaS
- Worldwide cloud application platforms market shares
- Worldwide cloud application platforms forecast
- Worldwide cloud testing market shares
- Worldwide cloud testing forecast
- Worldwide PaaS cloud data services forecast
- Worldwide PaaS cloud integration services forecast
- IDC MarketScape: Platform as a Service Vendor Assessment
- Vendor profiles and risk assessments
- Buyer pattern research and analysis
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are customers looking for when they make application platform versus PaaS purchasing decisions?
- How is PaaS technology evolving as the market evolves, and what are the milestone levels of market maturity?
- How will on-demand services platforms disrupt development and deployment decisions, and how are key vendors positioned?
- What are the architectural needs for on-demand service platforms, and how do leading platform vendors compare?
AT&T Inc., Adobe Systems Inc., Akamai Technologies, Inc., Amazon.com Inc., AppScale Systems, Inc., Appian Corp., Apprenda Inc., Axway Inc., CA Technologies, Inc., CAST SA, CenturyLink, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Clever Cloud SAS, CloudBees, Inc., CloudShare Inc., Compuware Corporation, Dell Inc., DuraCloud, Dynatrace LLC, ESRI, Inc., ForeSoft Corp., Fujitsu Limited, GigaSpaces Technologies Ltd., Gigya Inc., Google Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hightail Inc., IBM, Informatica Corporation, Intel Corporation, Intuit Inc., Jamcracker Inc., Jelastic, Inc., Joyent, Inc., Kaavo, Liaison Technologies Inc., Magic Software Enterprises Ltd., Mendix Inc., Micro Focus International plc, Microsoft Corporation, Mirantis Inc., Morphlabs, Inc., NTT, New Relic, Inc., Novell, Inc., OODRIVE S.A., OpenLogic Inc., OpenText Corporation, Oracle Corporation, OrangeScape Technologies Ltd., OutSystems, Parasoft, Progress Software Corporation, Puppet, Inc., QuickBase Inc., Red Hat, Inc., Rightscale Inc., SAP SE, Salesforce.com, Inc., Samsung, Skytap, Inc., Software AG, TELX, LLC, TIBCO Software Inc., TrackVia, Inc., Unisys Corporation, VMware, Inc., Veracode, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., WAVEMAKER SOFTWARE, INC., WSO2, Inc., Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd.