IDC's PaaS for Developers of Modern and Edge Applications leverages a combination of demand-side research with unparalleled market modeling expertise to identify the evolving needs of buyers as they implement products and services needed to accelerate application development and deployment to PaaS environments that may be on-premises, in the cloud, across multiple clouds, or at the edge — spanning diverse environments. This program also helps vendors with market and product planning, aligning their products with developer and customer needs to gain a competitive understanding for services being implemented and what influences buying decisions. It also provides insights into market adoption, vendor positioning, and technology advances toward highly dynamic cloud-based service-centric computing environments for planning, developing, deploying, testing, and maintaining applications.
PaaS for Developers of Modern and Edge Applications
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Platform-as-a-service (PaaS) market size, share, forecast, segmentation (region and major market segments), and analysis
- Cloud app platform and supporting components/services used by developers including integration, data, and container orchestration
- User requirements and usage patterns for evolving on-premises, public, and multicloud application platforms and PaaS
- In-depth evaluation of vendor business models, architectures, and product and service offering capabilities
- User demand, requirements, and issues surrounding cloud-based deployments of modern applications
- Architectural technologies including composite applications, container orchestration, microservices, event-based systems, DevOps, and function-driven technologies
- The growing use of cloud services at edge locations
- Open developer platforms that speed up the process of development to delivery and deployment of applications
- Case Studies with In-Depth Looks at Buyer Decisions and Implementation Strengths and Challenges
- Worldwide Platform as a Service Market Shares
- Worldwide Platform as a Service Forecast
- Platform Services for Modern Edge Applications
- Worldwide Cloud Application Platforms Market Shares
- Worldwide Cloud Application Platforms Forecast
- PaaS Survey for Usage and Deployment Plans
- Buyer Pattern Research and Analysis
- PaaS Convergence and the Impact of New Entrants
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are customers looking for when they make application platform versus PaaS purchasing decisions?
- How is PaaS technology evolving as the market evolves, and how are services being distributed to where the applications deploy?
- How will on-demand services platforms disrupt development and deployment decisions, and how are key vendors positioned?
- How are PaaS and other cloud services interlocked and codependent?
- How are the first-party PaaS market and the third-party PaaS market evolving and competing with one another?
- What acquisitions are changing the PaaS market, and how is that change in trajectory likely to affect customer adoption long term?
AT&T Inc., Adobe Systems Inc., Akamai Technologies, Inc., Amazon.com Inc., AppScale Systems, Inc., Appian Corp., Apprenda Inc., Axway Inc., CA Technologies, Inc., CAST SA, CenturyLink Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Clever Cloud SAS, CloudBees, Inc., CloudShare Inc., Compuware Corporation, Dell Inc., DuraCloud, Dynatrace LLC, ESRI Inc., ForeSoft Corp., Fujitsu Limited, GigaSpaces Technologies Ltd., Gigya Inc., Google LLC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hightail Inc., IBM, Informatica Corporation, Intel Corporation, Intuit Inc., Jamcracker Inc., Jelastic, Inc., Joyent, Inc., Kaavo, Liaison Technologies Inc., Magic Software Enterprises Ltd., Mendix Inc., Micro Focus International plc, Microsoft Corporation, Mirantis Inc., Morphlabs, Inc., NTT, New Relic, Inc., Novell, Inc., Oodrive S.A., OpenLogic Inc., OpenText Corporation, Oracle Corporation, OrangeScape Technologies Ltd., OutSystems S.A., Parasoft Corporation, Progress Software Corporation, Puppet, Inc., QuickBase Inc., Red Hat, Inc., Rightscale Inc., SAP SE, Salesforce.com, Inc., Samsung, Skytap, Inc., Software AG, TELX, LLC, TIBCO Software Inc., TrackVia, Inc., Unisys Corporation, VMware, Inc., Veracode, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., WAVEMAKER SOFTWARE, INC., WSO2, Inc., Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd.