IDC's European Internet of Things Ecosystem and Trends service offers a holistic view on the opportunity presented by the Internet of Things, including sensors, gateways, connectivity, purpose-built platforms, analytics, security, and professional services. This is complemented by end-user and vertical market perspectives. The service addresses this immediate tactical need through continuous, high-quality information outlining the shape and direction of the IoT markets. The service gives in depth access to IDC's IoT research, in terms of geography, verticalized expertise, and technological implementations. This is complemented by insights into user requirements for technology and is designed to provide a succinct overview of the subjects covered.
European Internet of Things Ecosystem and Trends
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Overall ICT market opportunity around IoT in Europe, with specific country insights
- The importance and evolution of platforms within the IoT ecosystem, including open source platforms
- IoT opportunity for the various IoT Providers: software companies, services companies, hardware providers and telecom operators in Europe, with insights into end user preferences within each of these groups
- The evolution of the IoT ecosystem for particular segments, such as Connected Home, Connected Vehicles, Healthcare etc.
- IoT in key industry sectors including Insurance, Manufacturing, Automotive, Government, Utilities, Retail and others
- Successful IoT implementations in Europe with insights into growing use cases and Case Studies, as well as best practices for scalability
- Emerging IoT key themes, such as Edge Computing, Data Monetization and New Business Models
- IoT Channel and Partners Ecosystem
- Market Analysis Perspective on the Internet of Things in Europe
- IoT Professional Services Competitive Analysis
- The Internet of Things Top 10 Predictions for 2019 in Europe
- European Internet of Things Market Analysis and Forecast, 2018–2023
- Studies covering IoT opportunities for connectivity, IT services, and software players
- IDC Links and Flashes on European IoT developments
- Multiple case studies on successful IoT implementations
- IoT End User Survey 2019 and previous years
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the IoT 360 view in Europe? How will the ecosystem develop and where will traditional ICT vendors fit within it?
- How will the IoT market be segmented and which vendor types will be best placed to benefit? What are the end user preferences when considering and deploying IoT investments?
- Which of the industry sectors will provide the biggest drivers for IoT adoption?
- How big is the IoT opportunity in Europe and how fast will it grow?
- What will be the most effective business models in the emerging IoT ecosystem?
- How will issues such as vertical specialization, analytics or the need for IoT at the EDGE affect future IoT deployments?
- What is the end user sentiment towards IoT implementation, their challenges and drivers
Accenture plc, Amazon Web Services, Inc., Atos S.A., BT Group plc, Cisco Systems, Inc., Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation, DXC Technology Co., Ericsson, HCL, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Microsoft Corporation, Orange S.A., PTC, Inc., Proximus PLC, SAP SE, T-Systems International GmbH, Vodafone Group Plc
Meet the Experts
Research Manager, European Industry Solutions, Customer Insights & Analysis
Research Director, IDC EMEA
Manager, Security Appliance Program, European Systems and Infrastructure Solutions
Research Manager, European Wireless and Mobile Communications