IDC's Industry Clouds, Solutions and Technology Verticalization Strategies service covers the growing market for industry clouds and platforms, the verticalization and industry footprints of leading cloud service providers, the impact of industry clouds on industry value chains and business processes, and the opportunities presented by industry clouds within all major verticals. Regarding their competitive and strategic nature, the service analyzes industry clouds' impacts on cloud and professional service providers and industry ecosystems and the network effects that industry clouds create. The program covers technology preferences, adoption trends, partnerships, joint ventures, best practices, optimization, use cases, and segmentation related to industry clouds; analyzes their benefits for buyers; and tracks how vendors bring them to market worldwide.
Industry Clouds, Solutions and Technology Verticalization Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Tracking and visibility into industry cloud creation
- Industry cloud–related technology preferences
- Industry cloud best practices, strategies, and optimization
- Research and guidance surrounding the verticalization of products and vendor go-to-market strategies
- Industry cloud adoption, partnerships, segmentation, and use cases
- Industry ecosystems, communities, and consortia
- Competitive and strategic impact of industry clouds on hardware, software, and cloud service providers
- Tracking and profiling the vertical footprints and verticalization strategies of the top cloud service providers such as AWS, Microsoft, Google, IBM, Oracle, SAP, and Salesforce
- Industry Cloud Directory: Semiannual
- Industry Cloud: State of the Union Report
- IDC MarketScape for Industry Cloud Professional Services Vendor Assessment: Biannual
- Industry Cloud Adoption
- The Maturity Framework of Technology Verticalization for Cloud Services and Enterprise Software
- Industry Cloud Participation Models: The Customer Perspective
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are industry clouds, and what impact do they have on industries' cloud adoption and digital transformation initiatives?
- What operational models for industry cloud are succeeding?
- What cloud service providers and software vendors dominate which verticals?
- How are industry clouds helping organizations adapt to uncertainty and crises?
- Where are industry clouds being created, who's involved, and which markets have tipped?
- How do customers view and benefit from industry-specific technologies?
- What are the benefits and challenges for participants and customers of industry clouds?
- How will industry clouds help to scale innovation accelerators such as IoT, blockchain, and artificial intelligence/machine learning?
- Which technology vendors and professional services firms are leading the industry cloud market?
- What is the strategic importance and market opportunity for industry clouds?
Accenture plc, Alibaba Group Holding Limited, Amazon.com Inc., Atos SE, Booz Allen Hamilton Inc., Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation, DXC Technology Co., Dell Technologies Inc., Deloitte LLP, Ernst & Young Global Limited, Genpact Ltd., Google LLC, HCL Technologies Limited, IBM, Infor Inc., Microsoft Corporation, NTT DATA Corporation, Oracle Corporation, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, SAP SE, Salesforce.com, Inc., Tata Consultancy Services Limited