IDC's Industry Clouds, Solutions and Technology Verticalization Strategies service covers the emerging market for industrial cloud offerings. This service tracks the emergence of industry clouds, charts the verticalization and industry footprints of leading cloud service providers, examines the impact of industry clouds on industry value chains and business processes, and evaluates the opportunities and best practices presented by industry clouds within all major verticals, such as financial services, government, healthcare, life sciences, manufacturing, oil and gas, retail, and utilities. While every industry has a unique set of business and regulatory requirements, leading industrial firms have realized that offering these capabilities as a service broadens business opportunity and increases market power. This IDC research service takes a deeper look at how technology vendors have organized their own offerings to align with industries and assesses the life-cycle transition of horizontal technologies to vertical solutions and industry clouds.
Industry Clouds, Solutions and Technology Verticalization Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Tracking of industry cloud platform creation
- Industry cloud–related spending and technology preferences
- Analysis of industry cloud best practices and strategies
- Research and guidance surrounding the verticalization of products and vendor go-to-market strategies
- Industry cloud adoption, partnerships, joint ventures, and use cases
- Competitive and strategic impact of industry clouds on hardware, software, and cloud service providers
- Tracking and profiling the vertical footprints and verticalization strategies of the top cloud service providers, such as AWS, Microsoft, Google, IBM, Oracle, and Salesforce
- Industry Cloud Platform Directory — Semiannual
- Industry Clouds — A Primer on the Storm Brewing "Above the Cloud”
- Industry Cloud – State of the Union Report
- Winners and Losers: An Evaluation of Why Some Industry Clouds Succeed and Others Fade
- Industry Cloud IDC MaturityScape: The Maturity Curve of Technology Verticalization
- Verticalization Profile Series: Top Cloud Service Providers
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are industry clouds, and what impact are they having on industrial transformation?
- What operational models for industry cloud are succeeding?
- What cloud service providers dominate which verticals?
- How are hardware, software, and services vendors impacted, and what can they do to prevent client cannibalization?
- Where are industry clouds being created, who's involved, and which markets have tipped?
- What risks do IT organizations face from the emergence of industry cloud, and what new opportunities can IT capitalize on?
- How is the handoff between IT and line of business shifting due to industry cloud?
- How will the evolution of 3rd Platform change industry cloud design over the next 10 years?
- How much money are industrial market participants budgeting for industry cloud in the coming year, and which technology areas are they targeting?
- How is regulatory compliance effecting the design and adoption of industry clouds?
Accenture plc, Alibaba Group Holding Limited, Amazon.com, Inc., Atos S.A., Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation, DXC Technology Co., Dell EMC, Ernst & Young, Genpact Limited, Google Inc., IBM, Microsoft Corporation, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, Oracle Corporation, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Salesforce.com, Inc.