IDC's Security Solutions: Security in the Cloud analyzes security solutions for customers moving datacenter and other applications to the cloud. While security was often cited as the leading obstacle to cloud implementations, increasingly some customers see cloud as more secure, cost effective, and customer responsive than in-house capabilities. Consistent with this trend, enterprises are moving quickly to use a mix of private, hybrid, and public cloud–based datacenters to address digital transformation needs. Customers want security solutions that extend across all cloud and datacenter types, providing a foundation for private and public clouds with a common basis in consolidated policy, monitoring, and control of resources. This report series analyzes these customers' issues and highlights solutions.
Security Solutions: Security in the Cloud
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Public, hybrid, and multicloud security
- Container security
- Cloud security management
- Cloud security gateways
- Workload security
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) security
- Security in the Cloud Taxonomy and Definitions
- Security in the Cloud Forecast and Analysis
- Security in the Cloud Survey
- Security in the Cloud Vendor Profile
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How do customers choose a cloud provider?
- How do customers decide between public, private, and hybrid clouds?
- Can specific security functionality accelerate customer movement to the cloud?
- How do CIOs reconcile the tension between risk, cost, and user experience when adopting cloud?
- How are customers monitoring and securing workloads?
- How do cloud security gateways monitor and protect data?