IDC's Data Management Software service presents a strategic view of IT information management strategies and approaches. Through this research, product, and marketing, strategic planning professionals gain essential market intelligence on database management systems (DBMSs), Big Data collection software, data grid management software, and database administration (DBA) tools and utilities.
Data Management Software
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Enterprise database management systems
- Tools and utilities for database development, tuning, and maintenance
- Memory-optimized DBMS vendors and products and the rise of memory-optimized technology in mainstream RDBMS
- The embedded DBMS channel and its growing significance
- Big Data–related data management products and vendors, supporting MapReduce/Hadoop, NoSQL, and other Big Data areas such as graph database
- Challenges and opportunities for data management in cloud computing, open source software, and others
- Distributed cache service managers (data grids) and their role in cloud application data management and sharing
- Relational and Nonrelational DBMS Competitive Analyses and Forecasts
- Dynamic Data Management Software, Including NoSQL and Hadoop, Forecast and Analysis
- Segmented Analyses and Forecasts for Database Development and Management Software
- Embedded DBMS Forecast and Analysis
- Database Tool Software Forecast and Analysis
- Emerging DBMS Technologies, Including IMDB and NewSQL
- Dynamic Data Grid Manager Software Market Forecast and Analysis
- Survey Research Covering RDBMS, NoSQL, and Hadoop Deployment in the Cloud
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the emerging trends that will provide competitive opportunities for DBMS vendors?
- What are the different database technologies available, including Hadoop and NoSQL, and what workloads do they best support?
- How will open source DBMS products and alternative cloud-based data management services affect the DBMS and DBA tools markets?
- What are the key dynamic data grid manager products and their roles?
- What technologies and business practices are needed to succeed in the embedded DBMS market?
- Who is leading, who is emerging, and who is challenging in the Big Data space, including graph DBMS and Hadoop/Spark, and in the areas of data integration?
- What impact will analytic transaction processing technology have on the DBMS market?
- What is the rate of production of database cloud deployment?
Actian Corporation, BMC Software, Inc., CA Technologies, Inc., Cloudera, Inc., Compuware Corporation, Couchbase, Inc., DataStax, Inc., Embarcadero Technologies, Inc., EnterpriseDB Corp., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., Hortonworks, Inc., IBM, Informatica Corporation, InterSystems Corporation, MapR Technologies, Inc., MarkLogic Corporation, MemSQL, Inc., Microsoft Corporation, MongoDB Inc., Neo Technology Incorporated, NuoDB, Inc., Objectivity Inc., Oracle Corporation, PARACCEL INC, Pivotal Software, Inc., Quest Software Inc., Redis Labs Inc., SAP SE, Software AG, Talend Inc., Teradata Corporation, VoltDB, Inc.