Data Integration and Integrity Software enables the access, blending, movement, and integrity of data among multiple data sources. The purpose of data integration is to ensure the consistency of information where there is a logical overlap of the information contents of two or more discrete systems. To achieve a total solution within modern IT environments that are inclusive of relational, nonrelational, and semi-structured data repositories — on-premises and in the cloud — data integration software employs a wide range of technologies. These include, but are not limited to, data connectivity; extract, load, and transform (aka ELT); change data capture (CDC), format and semantic mediation, data federation and virtualization, data quality and profiling, master data management, metadata management, and self-service data preparation and integration technologies. Data integration and integrity (DII) software is increasingly available as a service in the public cloud and is being used at the intelligent edge to integrate and improve the quality of data in motion. This service also provides intelligence in data exchange markets, including business-to-business integration middleware and managed file transfer.
Data Integration and Integrity Software
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Bulk data movement software
- Dynamic data movement software
- Data quality software (data profiling, cleansing, and deduplication for any data and domain-aware regularization data for such domains as customers, addresses, and products)
- Data access infrastructure software (connectors and adapters that provide access to data within repositories)
- Composite data framework software (intermediate software buffering applications from data sources supporting federated and virtual databases)
- Master data management and control software (software that synchronizes and coordinates the data used for MDM solutions)
- Metadata management software (provides the functionality to define schema, population, lineage, and business terms of structured and semi-structured data)
- Self-service data preparation software (business user-friendly interfaces for data discovery, merging, cleansing, standardization, and preparation for analysis)
- A view of the market through the lens of data intelligence: Software that supports data governance, data quality management, and self-service
- Data exchange software used for managing the transfer of files and transactions across organizations and/or with partners in business-to-business interactions
- Worldwide DII Software Market Forecast and Vendor Shares
- End-User Best Practices
- Survey Results
- Emerging Technologies
- Vendor Profiles
- Case Studies
- Future Predictions
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What comprises the data integration and integrity software market?
- What is the size and forecast growth rate of the DII market?
- What are the emerging trends in the DII software market?
- Which are the major vendors and emerging players in the DII software market?
- What are the key and user pain points and challenges when it comes to DII solution implementation?
4G SAS, Alation Inc., Alteryx, Inc., Attunity Inc., Axway Software S.A., Cisco Systems, Inc., Denodo Technologies, Inc., Experian plc, GlobalSCAPE, Inc., IBM, Infogix Inc., Informatica Corporation, Ipswitch, Inc., Liaison Technologies Inc., OpenText Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Paxata, Inc., SAP SE, Syncsort Incorporated, TIBCO Software Inc., Talend Inc., Trifacta, Inc., Waterline Data, Inc.