Information and Data Security is a recognition of the direct link between mastery of data and the ability to protect it. With data theft impacting over 1 billion people and businesses, IDC identifies and quantifies solutions that can protect data against an evolving host of threats. Topic areas include using content as the control point for cybersecurity and data protection, including message security and sensitive data management technologies. Other topics include the evolution of cryptography as we move toward cloud computing, Big Data and analytics, and the collection of massive amounts of machine and user-created content, which is increasingly turning many enterprises into data brokers. This service also includes coverage of masking and tokenization techniques as enterprise data stores grow with the promise of analytics and the use of data to enable behavioral security solutions, cognitive analytics, and monitoring and supervision.
Information and Data Security
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Modern data security and privacy trends (containerization and enterprise rights management)
- Cryptography and data protection (file and whole disk encryption, key management, certificates, and tokenization)
- Data storage security (archive/backup, database, and obfuscation)
- Data intelligence solutions (messaging security, data loss prevention, data discovery and classification, data access governance)
- Data Security Taxonomy
- Worldwide Message Security Market Shares
- Worldwide Message Security Forecast
- Worldwide Encryption and Key Management Infrastructure Market Forecast
- Insider Threat Forecast
- Insider Threat Market Shares
- IDC FutureScape
- Sensitive Data Management Market Shares
- Sensitive Data Management Forecast
- Vendor Profile, Analysis, and Case Studies
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How can organizations better protect their sensitive data assets by understanding the motivations of hackers targeting their networks?
- What steps can be taken to predict/combat emerging threats and improve data security?
- What innovative data security products and approaches may have long-term efficacy?
- How does continued cloud adoption, the growing nature of distributed corporate environments, and Big Data and analytics impact existing encryption mechanisms?
- How do organizations address data security and rights management issues that could potentially expose sensitive data elements and cause data decentralization?
Amazon Web Services Inc., Barracuda Networks, Inc., BigID Inc., Broadcom Inc., Checkpoint Systems, Inc., CipherCloud, Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Collibra NV, Dataguise Inc., Datto, Inc., Dell Technologies Inc., Digital Arts Inc., Digital Guardian, Inc., Digital.ai Software Inc., ESET spol. s r.o., Entrust Corporation, Exostar LLC, Fasoo.com, Inc., Forcepoint LLC, Fortanix Inc., Fortinet, Inc., Fujitsu Limited, Google LLC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., IBM, Imperva, Inc., Informatica LLC, Intel Corporation, McAfee LLC, Microsoft Corporation, Mimecast Limited, NEC Corporation, NSFOCUS Technologies Co. Ltd., New H3C Technologies Co., Ltd., NextLabs, OpenText Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Protegrity Corp., QI-ANXIN Technology Group Inc., SAS Institute Inc., Seclore Technology Pvt. Ltd., Securiti Inc., Securonix, Inc., Skyhigh Security, SonicWALL, Inc., Sophos Plc, Symantec Corporation, Thales Group SAS, Titus Inc., Trellix Corp., Trend Micro Incorporated, TrustArc Inc., Trustwave Holdings Inc., Utimaco GmbH, Varonis Systems Inc., Venafi, Inc., WinMagic Inc., Zettaset Inc., Ziff-Davis Inc
Meet the Experts
Group Vice President, Security & Trust