IDC's 5G Monetization and Adoption Strategies CIS focuses its research on the impact this next generation of connectivity will have on consumers and businesses over the next 10 years. The program covers how 5G is enabling integration of diverse technologies such as AI, robotics, cloud, and edge compute in a mobile setting, leading to the emergence of new products and services and how vendors and service providers alike are monetizing use cases. IDC's 5G Monetization and Adoption Strategies examines the ecosystem implications to device manufacturers, network software vendors, systems integrators, content providers, application developers, industry verticals, and mobile operators as they partner to deliver 5G-enabled services to consumers and businesses.
5G Monetization and Adoption Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Mobile device, endpoint, content, and services transformation
- Content, applications, and services enabled by 5G
- Device implications
- Regional adoption of 5G
- 5G impact on the Internet of Things
- Emerging, innovative vendors launching 5G products/services
- Challenges and opportunities of 5G adoption
- Timing the commercial availability of 5G technologies and use cases
- Worldwide 5G Subscriber and IoT Connection Forecast, 2020-2024
- Opportunity for 5G Fixed Wireless Access for Consumers and Businesses
- 5G Content Strategies for Operators
- Enterprise Use Cases in 5G
- 5G Device Evolution
- 5G Consumer and Enterprise Spending and Adoption Sentiment
- 5G Vendor Partnership and Collaboration Ecosystems
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How many 5G endpoints (people and "things") will be connected?
- Which companies are creating innovative software, services, and solutions for 5G?
- Will 5G fundamentally change the device and content services landscape?
- How will the deployment of 5G mobile private networks change service providers' operating strategies?
- What new business models and public-private partnerships will emerge around 5G?
- What is 5G's role in the broader enterprise connectivity discussion?
- Where will economic value be generated and captured with 5G networks and services?
- What are the regional differences in 5G use cases?
AT&T Inc., Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., American Tower Corp., Apple Inc., Aricent Inc., BT Group plc, Bell Canada, Cable Television Laboratories, Inc., China Mobile Limited, China Unicom Limited, Cisco Systems, Inc., Comcast Corporation, DISH Network L.L.C., Deutsche Telekom AG, Ericsson, Facebook, Inc., Fujitsu Limited, Google LLC, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Intel Corporation, KDDI Corporation, NTT DoCoMo, Inc., Nokia Corporation, Orange S.A., Qualcomm Inc., Rogers Communications Inc., SK Telecom Co., Ltd., Samsung, T-Mobile International AG, TELUS Corporation, Tata Group, Telefónica S.A., Telenor ASA, Telstra Corporation Limited, Verizon Communications, Inc., Vodafone Group Plc, ZTE Corporation