The future of workstyle (FoW) is a fundamental shift in the work model to one that fosters human-machine collaboration, enables new skills and worker experiences, and supports a work environment that is unbounded by time or physical space. IDC positions FoW as one of nine key practices to work on in realizing the future enterprise that covers a vast area spanning culture, space, and augmentation. The spread of COVID-19 infection has brought about major changes in working styles and workplaces. To give an example of change, in culture, more and more companies are adopting a performance-based evaluation rather than working hours. As a result, the demand for the latest HR solutions has increased. In space, digital workspaces have evolved and related technologies such as productivity, security, and communication/collaboration have permeated. In augmentation, the flow of automation using RPA is accelerating, and with the advent of the metaverse, interest in AR/VR devices and software is increasing. In 2023, the FoW analysis report on the Japanese market will be published for the fifth year. In Japan: Future of Workstyle (Japanese Version with Key English Language Reports), we continue to carefully observe/analyze the three pillars of FoW and support IT suppliers plan their product portfolio and go-to-market strategy.
Japan: Future of Workstyle (Japanese Version with Key English Language Reports)
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- IDC's FoW framework
- Relationship between FoW and the future enterprise
- Latest trends in hybrid work
- Technology trends in the three pillars of FoW
- Analysis of major vendors playing in the three pillars of FoW
- Trends of user companies regarding three pillars of FoW
- IDC MaturityScape Benchmark — Japan FoW
- IDC Survey on User Companies: Market Trends in Japan and Worldwide
- Forecast on FoW Market Size
- Forecast on Domestic Remote Work Penetration in Companies and Adoption by Employees
- Domestic FoW Use Case Analysis
- Analysis of the Deployment of FoW-Related Technologies by Domestic User Companies
- IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Future of Workstyle 2023 Predictions — Japan Implications
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the latest status of the efforts of domestic user companies in FoW? What challenges do you have?
- How does IDC view the current status and future development of remote work by domestic companies?
- Which technology vendors and what technologies is IDC interested in?
- What is the current status and future direction of FoW initiatives by user companies around the world? What are the challenges for domestic user companies when compared with that?
- What are the business opportunities and threats in FoW for IT suppliers?
Adobe Systems Inc., Box, Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., DocuSign, Inc., Fujitsu Limited, Google LLC, Hitachi, Ltd., Microsoft Corporation, NEC Corporation, NTT, Nutanix, Inc., Oracle Corporation, SAP SE, Salesforce.com, Inc., VMware, Inc., Workday, Inc., ZOOM Technologies Inc.