The Asia/Pacific Agile Software and Sourcing Strategies service explores paradigm shifts in software applications, development platforms, and architectures. It examines modern software development and deployment trends, practices, challenges, and buying behaviors, ranging from open source software, APIs, application life-cycle management, DevOps, and next-gen security to embedded analytics/intelligence/AI within enterprise applications. This service aims to provide insights on how emerging requirements of next-gen software have affected the manner in which solutions are being developed, implemented, managed, and procured as businesses digitally transform to compete on the 3rd Platform.
Asia/Pacific Agile Software and Sourcing Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Agile software development and DevOps enterprise maturity
- Vendor strategies and offerings for Agile software development DevOps
- Modern application architectures (i.e., APIs, microservices)
- End-user strategies and investment priorities — surveys and case studies
- Developer ecosystems and platforms
- Open source software and business models
- Rise of next-generation software (i.e., intelligent ERP, security)
- Development of next-generation software — open source, APIs, microservices
- Agile software development and DevOps in APEJ
- API management and best practices
- Hybrid integration in complex environments
- Next-generation security — top trends and implications for buyers and providers in APEJ
- Rise of i-ERP in APEJ
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are some of the architectural shifts taking place in application development and deployment, and how ready are organizations in APEJ to embrace them?
- Who are the leading and emerging providers for technologies around Agile software development, microservices, open source, API management, DevOps, and hybrid integration?
- What will next-gen software applications look like based on current developer trends and disruptive forces around social, cloud, mobility, and big data and analytics?
- How will traditional enterprise applications (i.e., CRM, ERP, security) change in the next five years, and what roles do 3rd Platform and consumer behaviors play in developing intelligent enterprise applications?
- How will sourcing strategy for next-gen software change in the next five years as organizations embark on their digital journeys?