With growing competition from nonbank platforms and the commoditization of products, the ability to onboard, connect, and deliver services to corporate customers is becoming paramount. With PSD2 in Europe democratizing data access and payment services, corporate banks have to transform their value proposition to deliver new data-driven services to their clients and add value, rather than their traditional, commoditized product proposition. Reducing the connectivity cost, increasing speed of data delivery toward real time, and integrating bank systems with corporate enterprise resource planning (ERP), treasury management systems (TSM), payment factories, and in-house banks will be paramount to help corporate clients manage capital, monitor cash flows, and optimize their liquidity. These infrastructure upgrades will also be crucial to exploit the evolving ecosystems brought about by distributed ledger technology (DLT) and the internet of things (IoT), where data discovery, analysis, and sharing will accelerate trade and reduce risk. Sensors attached to goods in transit — from manufacturing plant to retail outlet — could offer opportunities to banks' cash management and trade services businesses, better matching flows of payments and goods between seller and buyer.
The Worldwide Corporate Banking Digital Transformation Strategies advisory service provides clients with insightful information and analysis of corporate and commercial banking trends, including cash and treasury, trade finance, commercial lending, and payments. It also provides coverage of how the impact of emerging 3rd Platform technologies like big data, analytics, cloud, mobility, IoT, blockchain, and cognitive technologies transforms the sector and how their convergence unlocks new business and operating models. The service offers timely, strategic, and actionable business IT and application advice to guide our clients as they undertake digital investment decisions, plan for future technology needs, and benchmark themselves against competitors. It provides ongoing research reports, analyst access, and admission to content-rich conferences and webcasts for the benefit of financial institutions as well as technology vendors.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Preparing for open ecosystems — the need for an enterprise digital platform
- Moving to DLT production — best practices and trends
- Data-driven dynamic pricing and client selection
- Tech buyer research — IDC MarketScapes for trade finance, treasury, and end-to-end corporate banking systems
- Exploring new data-driven business models — crowdlending and insights as a service
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How are banks responding to digital transformation (DX) and the emergence of new technologies?
- What does the competitive landscape for corporate banking vendors look like?
- What are the bank's customers looking for in a bank partner, and which capabilities will help compete in an increasingly commoditized environment?
- What are the spending priorities and requirements for corporate banks? How do they plan their DX journey?
- What are the hot topics/themes that will allow vendors to engage their customers?
Who Should Subscribe
The Worldwide Corporate Banking Digital Transformation Strategies advisory service provides C-level executives and divisional heads within corporate banks, global transaction banks, and commercial banks as well as technology vendors and consultants with a specific corporate banking proposition. Our continual interaction with our clients assists them in making better-informed decisions to improve competitiveness and operations.