The growth of IoT solutions, autonomous systems, virtual digital assistants, augmented and virtual reality, advanced manufacturing solutions, drones, robots, and other market opportunities is founded upon the intersection of sensors and processing semiconductors. Sensors capture information about the analog world and are at the heart of human-machine interaction. Systems intelligence, sensor fusion and, especially, artificial intelligence (AI) are dependent on the data from sensors to enable systems to work. Artificial intelligence is the extraction of information from and decision making based on digital signals to achieve a system's goal. The Enabling Technologies: Sensors and Systems Intelligenceservice provides the analysis, insights, and context technology providers, system OEMs, and end customers need to understand edge AI processing and sensor technology choices and future road maps. Of particular importance for the edge AI question — this program will help to map the competitive landscape of major suppliers to understand the varying technological choices in the market and how to position specific value propositions in the value chain.
Enabling Technologies: Sensors and Systems Intelligence
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Sensors — image and optical sensors, microphones, motion sensors, environmental sensors, magnetic and electrical sensors, and chemical sensors
- AI processing semiconductors — MCUs, application processors, SoCs, AI accelerators, GPUs, and FPGAs
- How the combination of sensor and processing technologies is enabling growth of AI and autonomous systems
- Examination of technology trends in the computer vision, speech interaction, and related human-machine interaction areas
- Examination of key opportunities for sensors and AI processing in the automotive, industrial, mobile computing, and smart home industries
- Edge AI Processing Technology Ecosystem
- AI Processor Market Forecast
- Sensors Market Shares
- Quarterly Sensors Market Shares
- AI and Computer Vision Technology Ecosystem
- Enabling Technology Perspective: LiDAR Sensing in Automotive and Beyond
- AI Technology Analysis and Road Map
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the fastest-growing sensor opportunities?
- Which companies are driving AI processing at the edge?
- What are the key market and technology trends in sensing, sensor fusion, and edge AI?
- How are sensors and edge AI impacting human-machine interactions?
- How is the competitive landscape changing for the sensor market?
- Which companies are the market leaders driving the sensor market?
AMS AG, ARM Limited, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., Ambarella Inc., Aptiv PLC, Arrow Electronics, Inc., Avnet, Inc., Broadcom Inc., CEVA Inc., Continental AG, Cypress Semiconductor Corporation, DENSO Corporation, Flex Logix Technologies Inc., Gyrfalcon Technology Inc., Hailo Technologies Ltd., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, HiSilicon Technologies Co., Ltd., Imagination Technologies Group plc, Intel Corporation, Lattice Semiconductor Corp., LeddarTech Inc., Microchip Technology Inc., Mythic Inc., NVIDIA Corporation, NXP Semiconductors N.V., Qualcomm Inc., Quanergy Systems Inc., Robert Bosch GmbH, STMicroelectronics N.V., Sensata Technologies Holding N.V., Socionext Inc., Syntiant Corp., TDK Corporation, Velodyne LiDAR Inc., Wave Computing, Inc., Xilinx, Inc.