The growth of AI and related autonomous systems, virtual digital assistants, and other market opportunities is founded upon the intersection of sensors and processing semiconductors — the capture and use of data in critical decision making and human-machine interaction. AI is tied to capturing data about the physical world, including human interaction with systems, by sensors; to process data, starting with sensor fusion and then computer vision; and finally, to full AI processing for direct interaction with the systems to build contextual awareness for autonomous systems, to navigate and act within the environment, and to recognize objects, people, and behavior. The Enabling Technologies: Sensors and Systems Intelligence service provides the analysis, insights, and context customers need to position their solutions. For system OEMs, the service provides insights into the products and technologies to include in the solutions as well as insights into the source of these solutions.
Enabling Technologies: Sensors and Systems Intelligence
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Sensors — image and video sensors, microphones, motion sensors, environmental sensors, magnetic and electrical sensors, chemical sensors
- Processing semiconductors — sensor fusion controllers, MCUs, application processors, SoCs, AI coprocessors, GPUs, FPGAs
- How the combination of sensor and processing technologies is enabling growth of AI and autonomous systems
- Examination of technology trends in the computer vision, speech interaction, and related human-machine interaction areas
- Examination of key opportunities for sensors and AI processing in the automotive, industrial, mobile computing, and smart home industries
- AI and computer vision technology ecosystem
- AI processor market forecast
- Semiconductors in the connected car: ADAS forecast
- Sensor and sensor fusion market forecast
- Sensors market share, 2018
- Quarterly sensors market share
- Speech interface and advanced audio processing technology ecosystem
- Sensors and intelligence processing taxonomy
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the fastest-growing sensor opportunities?
- Which companies are driving AI processing at the edge?
- What are the key market and technology trends in sensing, sensor fusion, and AI?
- How are sensors and processors enabling AI?
- How is the competitive landscape changing for the sensor market?
- Which companies are the market leaders driving AI sensor and processing technology?
AMS AG, ARM Limited, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., Ambarella Inc., Aptiv PLC, Arrow Electronics, Inc., Avnet, Inc., Broadcom Inc., Continental AG, Cypress Semiconductor Corporation, DENSO Corporation, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Imagination Technologies Group plc, Intel Corporation, InvenSense Inc., LeddarTech Inc., Microchip Technology Inc., NVIDIA Corporation, QUALCOMM Inc., Quanergy Systems Inc., Robert Bosch GmbH, STMicroelectronics N.V., Sensata Technologies Holding N.V., Velodyne LiDAR Inc.