Resiliency relies on finding new ways to securely leverage the IT that supports a secure, trusted government enterprise. This includes edge devices, Internet of Things (IoT), digital twins, 5G, and the networks and datacenters that tie everything together. It also highlights the importance of systems integrators that build complex solutions and ensure the security and resiliency of these solutions. Increasingly, IT systems are coming under attack by bad actors. The security of infrastructure is becoming paramount, especially as edge computing systems rapidly evolve. The IDC Government Insights: Worldwide Government Trust and Resiliency Strategies program tracks key technologies in government, with a focus on environmental sustainability and climate intelligence, 5G and mobility, datacenters, cybersecurity, analytics, edge systems, and related services. This includes a qualitative and quantitative analysis of key trends and spending in the government market. This program provides best practice case studies and objective third-party assessments of solution providers to support both government agencies and the vendors that serve them make informed short- and long-term strategic decisions.
IDC Government Insights: Worldwide Government Trust and Resiliency Strategies
This IDC Government Insights: Worldwide Government Trust and Resiliency Strategies program is a research advisory service that studies how government infrastructure can be leveraged to implement and support powerful agency-level trust and resiliency. This service features government IT spending and budget data, data and analysis based on government surveys, and use-case studies focused on agency outcomes.
This program examines the shifting landscape of government IT systems, professional services, environmental sustainability, and climate resiliency; the deployment of IT assets within the government enterprise, databases, and infrastructures; and software-defined networks and systems that are being used to help securely manage the increasingly complex government IT enterprise.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- How government agencies and IT vendors can work together to further trust and resiliency in enterprise IT security, sustainability, zero trust connections, network management, edge computing, and connected devices/IoT
- SASE and core security requirements including networking and network security, firewall intrusion prevention, secure web gateways (SWGs), cloud access security broker (CASB), data loss prevention (DLP), and zero trust network solutions
- How governments are obtaining trust by improving data accuracy and security postures through solutions such as blockchain and secure system access control
- Detailed, five-year, U.S. government–focused spending forecasts for the following: DoD services and civilian agencies (cloud solutions), IT security, and mobility solutions
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How will major systems integrators and service providers evolve their government portfolios and market positions in the coming years?
- How are trends in the government marketplace, including innovation accelerators such as security, IoT, the secure edge, zero trust, and 5G affecting buyer priorities, and how should vendors respond?
- Which vendors are most effectively addressing emerging government system market demands and customer priorities?
- How is the growth of the digital government enterprise impacting vendor shares and competitive market positioning?
Who Should Subscribe
This service is designed to serve as a major research tool for agency decision makers and technology vendors that need a detailed view of the market and key trends related to government IT and how this market is evolving for IT systems integrators, since they serve as the key designers and builders of these environments. It studies and frames industry best practices to ensure trust and agency resilience, and it provides market sizing and spending trends that are useful for IT product and service planners and sales teams.