A key factor for successful government digital transformation is finding new ways to leverage the IT infrastructure that supports the modern government enterprise. It also means focusing on the evolving needs of the multiple programs within an agency, including how they partner with the IT systems integrators that build these complex solutions. Agency IT solution sets include front-end and back-end systems, databases, storage, and even the networks and full datacenters that tie everything together. It also includes the rapidly evolving edge computing systems on which government relies. Because the government IT market is a dynamic place, it's equally important to track spending related to key government technologies, including cloud services, mobility, datacenters, security, and big data analytics and edge systems. Keeping a finger on the pulse of infrastructure and systems integration trends can help both government agencies and IT vendors understand this market in a way that will help them make informed decisions for both transitional and long-term strategies.
IDC Government Insights: United States Government Infrastructure and Systems Optimization Strategies
This IDC Government Insights: United States Government Infrastructure and Systems Optimization Strategies program is a research advisory service that studies how government infrastructure can be leveraged to implement and support powerful agency-level digital transformation. This service features government IT spending and budget data, use case studies focused on infrastructure improvement, surveys, and a range of IDC Market Forecasts, IDC Perspective documents, IDC MaturityScapes, and more.
This program examines the shifting landscape of government datacenters, the deployment of IT assets within the government enterprise, and software-defined and AI systems are being used to help manage the increasingly complex government IT enterprise, including datacenters and networks.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Infrastructure-level digital transformation, with a focus on how these efforts can improve citizen services and establish a positive return on investment
- How government agencies and systems integrators can work together to tap into the key trends currently influencing digital transformation, such as workforce challenges and emerging system solutions, while providing details on infrastructure market size and growth
- How governments are enhancing their data accuracy and security postures through solutions such as blockchain and secure system access control
- How CIOs and chief financial officers need to be in lockstep while making long-term investment decisions that can help significantly improve government IT
- Key trends related to infrastructure improvement, virtualization, IT at the edge and the consolidation of datacenters, and applications and the quality of government data itself
- Detailed five-year U.S. government-focused spending forecasts for the following: DoD services and civilian agencies, cloud solutions, big data and analytics, government datacenters, IT security, mobility solutions, and mobile devices
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How will major systems integration service providers evolve their government portfolios and market positions in the coming years?
- How are trends in the government marketplace, including the 3rd Platform, and innovation accelerators such as security, the IoT, and 5G affecting buyer priorities, and how should vendors respond?
- How will government IT buyers adjust their systems management and datacenter priorities and preferences over time?
- Which vendors are most effectively addressing emerging government system market demands and customer priorities?
- How is the growth of the government system management market segment impacting vendor shares and competitive market positioning?
Who Should Subscribe
This service is designed to serve as a major research tool for technology vendors that need a detailed view of the market and key trends related to government IT infrastructure and how this market is evolving for IT systems integrators, since they serve as the key designers and builders of these environments. It studies and frames industry best practices for agency infrastructure and provides market sizing and spending trends that are useful for IT product and service planners and sales teams.