Digital transformation is key in the European life science industry's ongoing efforts to transform itself as it seeks to find new paths to innovation, drive operational efficiency and effectiveness, and regain long-term sustainability and resilience. The transition toward new care delivery ecosystems and outcome-based reimbursement models makes new approaches to information management and use an undeniable urgency for life science organizations. The digital mission in life science is to integrate new and existing data, information, and knowledge into a more customer-centric approach to new drug and devices development, product commercialization and management, and treatment personalization and delivery.
IDC Health Insights: European Life Science and Pharma service provides a forward-looking analysis of IT and technologies that are being adopted all along the value chain of the European life science industry. The research service focuses on how European life science organizations can leverage the new set of transformative technologies underpinned by the 3rd Platform technologies and innovation accelerators to support the efforts to improve operational efficiency, accelerate R&D, and better engage with the ultimate users of life science innovations — the patients.
This service develops comprehensive data and unique analyses through focused topical surveys, primary and secondary research, and insights from industry experts, practitioners, and vendors. To maximize the relevance of the content, IDC Health Insights' analysts work with subscribers to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How can European life science companies keep ahead of the industry evolution to protect strategic advantages and remain competitive across the whole value chain from research to production to distribution? How can more effective use of data, information, and knowledge reduce both costs and risks of new life science business environment?
- What are the latest technology trends in drug discovery, clinical trial design, patient recruitment, site monitoring, and trial execution, and how will these trends help organizations accelerate both time to market and market adoption in Europe?
- What are the current best practices in leveraging 3rd Platform and innovation acceleration technologies? How can we expect these processes to evolve over both the near term and the longer term? What is the impact of these technologies across the value chain of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies? What does the future of industry look like in the face of fast-evolving digital trends?
- How can companies derive maximum business value from regulatory compliance efforts and spending? What is the impact of new HTA assessments and value-based reimbursement models across Europe? How to measure outcomes?
- How to improve consumer and patient engagement and interaction leveraging technology? How to enable secure collaboration and enhance resilience vital for survival, recovery, and success during and after the COVID-19 crisis?
This service is ideally suited to support the needs of a growing number of individuals in European life science enterprises (from research organizations to manufacturing to distributors), including chief information officers, senior life science strategy and business management professionals, and technology vendors with commercial solutions within the life science industry, clinical research operations leadership, IT executives, and related healthcare professionals.