Digital transformation is key in the European life science industry's ongoing efforts to transform itself as it seeks to find new paths to innovation, optimize operational efficiency and effectiveness, and regain long-term sustainability. The transition toward new care delivery ecosystems and outcome-based reimbursement models enhances life science organizations' needs to implement new approaches to information management and use. The digital mission in the life sciences is to integrate new and existing data, information, and knowledge into a more knowledge-centric approach to new drug and medical devices development, to product commercialization and management, and to treatment delivery.
The European life science digital transformation service provides a forward-looking analysis of IT and technologies that are being adopted all along the value chain of the European life science industry. The service focuses on how European life science organizations can leverage the new range of technologies underpinned by the 3rd Platform technologies and innovation accelerators to support efforts to improve the operational efficiency of the industry and better engage with the ultimate end user of life science innovations, namely patients.
This service develops comprehensive data and unique analyses through focused topical surveys, primary and secondary research, and insights from industry experts, practitioners, and vendors. To ensure relevance, IDC Health Insights' analysts work with subscribers to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Life science supply chain digital transformation
- Strategy and clinical tools to comply with GDPR and other data management requirements
- Regulatory compliance issues and data integration
- Digital transformation strategies to embrace translational research
- New approaches to patient engagement, including services provision to patients and healthcare providers
- The ongoing shift from applications to solutions and from platforms to outcomes to support new business models
- Cross-industry best practices related to the business process and technology alignment
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How can European life science companies keep ahead of industry evolution to protect strategic advantages and remain competitive across the whole value chain from research to production to distribution? How can more effective uses of data, information, and knowledge reduce both costs and risks of new life science business environment?
- What are the latest technology trends in drug discovery, clinical trial design, patient recruitment, site monitoring, and trial execution, and how will these trends help organizations accelerate both time to market and market adoption in Europe?
- What are the current best practices in leveraging 3rd Platform and innovation acceleration technologies? How can we expect these processes to evolve over both the near term and the longer term? What is the impact of these technologies across the value chain of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies?
- How can companies derive maximum business value from regulatory compliance efforts and spending? What is the impact of new HTA assessments and value-based reimbursement models across Europe? How to measure outcomes?
- How to improve patient engagement and interaction leveraging technology?
This service is ideally suited to support the needs of a growing number of individuals in European life science enterprises (from research organizations to manufacturing to distributors), including chief information officers, senior life science strategy and business management professionals, and technology vendors with commercial solutions within the life science industry, clinical research operations leadership, IT executives, and related healthcare professionals.