Digital technologies are transforming oil and gas business processes from both a customer and an asset perspective (from engineering, procurement, and construction to operations and decommissioning). Industrial IoT, advanced analytics, AI, digital twins, and other technologies offer new opportunities to radically rethink asset life-cycle management operations. The IDC Energy Insights: Europe and Central Asia Oil and Gas Digital Transformation Strategies service is specifically designed for companies operating in Europe, Russia, and Central Asia. This service provides insights and advice to help upstream, midstream, and downstream companies make technology decisions that boost efficiency, operational risk mitigation, and profitability. The service also allows technology providers to have accurate and precise oil and gas market intelligence to tap the right business opportunities.
IDC Energy Insights: Europe and Central Asia Oil and Gas Digital Transformation Strategies
The IDC Energy Insights: Europe and Central Asia Oil and Gas Digital Transformation Strategies service develops unique analysis and comprehensive data through IDC Energy Insights' proprietary research projects, along with ongoing communications with industry experts, oil and gas management, ICT vendors, and service providers. With decades of experience in the oil and gas industry, our analysts leverage a broad spectrum of expertise and intellectual property from both IDC and IDC Energy Insights. Research reports elucidate business strategy, best practices, technology selection, and vendor assessment, along with short perspectives on topical issues. To ensure relevance, our analysts work with subscribers and market leaders to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Oil and gas asset operations transformation and technology-enabled innovation
- Evolution in major applications adopted by oil and gas companies
- Best practices and case studies related to business process and technology alignment
- An IDC MarketScape evaluating technologies and providers servicing oil and gas companies
- Emerging IT trends (including IoT, artificial intelligence, AR/VR, cloud, big data and analytics, and mobility) and their impact on asset operations and strategies
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How are upstream, midstream, and downstream oil and gas businesses approaching digital transformation?
- What is the impact of information and operational technology investments on the performance of oil and gas companies?
- How do emerging technologies such as big data, artificial intelligence, IoT, AR/VR, cloud, mobility, and social business apply to the oil and gas business?
- How are oil and gas peers leveraging technology to generate revenue, increase efficiencies, reduce costs, gain competitive advantage, and ensure regulatory compliance?
Who Should Subscribe
The IDC Energy Insights: Europe and Central Asia Oil and Gas Digital Transformation Strategies service is designed for both oil and gas companies operating in Europe and Central Asia and technology providers targeting the industry. Upstream, midstream, and downstream oil and gas companies; oil supermajors; majors; national oil companies; independent oil companies; oil field services companies; independent petroleum refiners; LNG operators; and IT vendors and digital technology developers will have access to contextualized insights and guidance on oil and gas digital transformation and IT opportunities.