Digital technologies are transforming oil and gas (O&G) business processes from both a customer and an asset perspective (from engineering, procurement, and construction to operations and decommissioning). Industrial IoT, advanced analytics, AI, digital twins, and other technologies offer new opportunities to radically rethink asset life-cycle management operations. The IDC Energy Insights: Europe and Central Asia Oil and Gas Digital Transformation Strategies service is specifically designed for companies operating in Europe, Russia, and Central Asia. This service provides insights and advice to help upstream, midstream, and downstream companies make technology decisions that boost efficiency, operational risk mitigation, and profitability. The service also allows technology providers to have accurate and precise oil and gas market intelligence to tap the right business opportunities.
IDC Energy Insights: Europe and Central Asia Oil and Gas Digital Transformation Strategies
The IDC Energy Insights: Europe and Central Asia Oil and Gas Digital Transformation Strategies service develops unique analysis and comprehensive data through IDC Energy Insights' proprietary research projects, along with ongoing communications with industry experts, oil and gas management, ICT vendors, and service providers. With decades of experience in the oil and gas industry, our analysts leverage a broad spectrum of expertise and intellectual property from both IDC and IDC Energy Insights. Research reports elucidate business strategy, best practices, technology selection, and vendor assessment, along with short perspectives on topical issues. To ensure relevance, our analysts work with subscribers and market leaders to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Digital transformation trends, execution challenges, investment priorities, digital KPIs, and strategy
- Energy transition trends, challenges, investment priorities, technologies-enabled low-carbon operations, new energy business model and strategy
- Insights and trends on O&G companies’ major applications adoption (such as upstream data management, data governance, ERP, and collaborative operations)
- IT and OT integration trends, IT investment priorities into the OT space, OT security, and governance.
- O&G asset operations transformation and technology-enabled innovation
- Best practices and case studies related to business process and technology alignment
- An IDC MarketScape evaluating technology suppliers and service providers for oil and gas companies
- Emerging IT and digital trends (including IoT, artificial intelligence, AR/VR, cloud, big data and analytics, and mobility) and their impact
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How are upstream, midstream, and downstream oil and gas businesses approaching digital transformation?
- What is the impact of IT and OT investments on the performance of oil and gas companies?
- How do digital technologies such as big data, artificial intelligence, IoT, AR/VR, cloud, and mobility apply to the oil and gas business?
- How are oil and gas peers leveraging technology to generate revenue, increase efficiencies, reduce costs, gain competitive advantage, and ensure regulatory compliance?
- What are the key strategies and investment priorities that O&G companies are pursuing in the ongoing transition to a low carbon economy?
Who Should Subscribe
The IDC Energy Insights: Europe and Central Asia Oil and Gas Digital Transformation Strategies service is designed for both oil and gas companies operating in Europe and Central Asia and technology providers targeting the industry. Upstream, midstream, and downstream oil and gas companies; oil supermajors and majors; national oil companies; independent oil companies; oil field services companies; independent petroleum refiners; LNG operators; and IT vendors and digital technology developers will have access to contextualized insights and guidance on oil and gas digital transformation and IT opportunities.