IDC Government Insights: Worldwide Smart, Sustainable Mobility and Transportation Strategies provides thought leadership and market analysis for organizations seeking to understand and capitalize on sustainable mobility and transportation ecosystem opportunities. The program focuses on researching digital automotive solutions, services, and strategies driven by automotive OEMs and government policies, grants, and initiatives for deploying intelligent transportation infrastructure. The topics covered as part of IDC Government Insights: Worldwide Smart, Sustainable Mobility and Transportation Strategies include connected, autonomous, shared, and electric (CASE) mobility trends shaping digital mobility that are prevalent in digital automotive solutions and providers; in-vehicle infotainment (IVI); in-vehicle connected services; software-defined vehicle (SDV) features; over-the-air (OTA) updates; connected vehicle data monetization; open groups/sources/standards and frameworks; automotive cloud; edge platforms; and AI. The smart transportation infrastructure use cases covered included vehicle-to-everything (V2X) communications, 5G connectivity, smart parking, EV charging, autonomous public transit operation, connected fleet management, and Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) technologies.
IDC Government Insights: Worldwide Smart, Sustainable Mobility and Transportation Strategies
The IDC Government Insights: Worldwide Smart, Sustainable Mobility and Transportation Strategies research advisory service analyzes ICT technologies and services to help shape automotive OEM strategies for developing and managing CASE capabilities and facets of software-defined vehicle architecture in the passenger vehicle market in conjunction with the government's initiatives, policies, and strategies to build intelligent transportation and infrastructure.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Connected vehicle platforms, technologies, and use cases
- Autonomous vehicle testing, validation, and regulatory updates
- Electronic/electrical architectures and modernization approaches
- Data management, monetization, and layered computing approaches
- Fleet management vendors and opportunities
- Electric vehicle (EV) charging, tollways, and connected roadways
- Go-to-market engagement, loyalty, and business models
- Decision maker technology investment decisions and plans
- Consumer automotive adoption, usage, buying, and payment trends
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the best practices for IT vendors, cloud and AI services providers, telecom companies, and other ecosystem participants looking to participate in an increasingly autonomous and connected future?
- What impact and opportunities are there for IT suppliers in response to regulation and automotive OEM strategies? How does this impact the investment and commercialization timelines for automotive and transportation innovation?
- How will consumer adoption accelerate ecosystem investment in autonomy, connected vehicle services, mobility as a service, and electrification?
- In what ways are innovative, disruptive IT vendors looking to upset the status quo? Are they likely to be successful?
- How does the availability of real-time data and analytics improve the overall transportation experience for consumers?
- How is the automotive ecosystem monetizing vehicle data? What are the markets for this data, and what is its value?
- How is software-defined vehicle development evolving? Who are the new stakeholders involved?
- How are governments promoting sustainable mobility and powering transportation systems with CASE-based technologies?
Who Should Subscribe
Automotive IT products and engineering service providers supporting automotive OEM software-defined product development and management; cloud infrastructure and SaaS-based service providers, telecom companies, and other stakeholders in autonomous and connected vehicle and Smart City initiatives; tech buyers in municipalities and public entities that are building sustainable and intelligent transportation infrastructure.