IDC's Worldwide IT/OT Convergence Strategies provides insight and thought leadership as they relate to technology shifts, organizational pressures, and market conditions caused by the digital transformation of operational industries such as manufacturing, oil and gas, utilities, healthcare, and retail. The program will focus on the areas of operational data strategies, operational cybersecurity, and operational technology (OT). This CIS will provide insight into the transforming business models that are driving the convergence of IT and OT.
Worldwide IT/OT Convergence Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- IT/OT governance models in manufacturing, utilities, oil and gas, and other industries
- Data historians
- Industrial automation
- Grid and distribution automation
- Upstream production automation
- Digital Twins
- Industrial edge devices
- Industrial IoT
- Operational and IoT security
- Asset management
- Industrial and commercial robotics
- Driving IT Cybersecurity into an OT World
- Three Steps to a Converged IT/OT Model
- Data Historians for IT
- Edge Analytics on the Grid
- IIoT and Smart Manufacturing
- From Siloed to Holistic Asset Management
- The Role of Edge and Cloud in OT
- Consultants Providing OT and IT Services
- Robotics as a Converged Device
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How do you build a converged IT/OT governance model?
- What part of the organization owns the edge?
- Who owns the IIoT strategy?
- What does the consulting landscape look like in a converged IT/OT environment?
- Is ERP considered IT or OT?
- Where do data historians fit in an enterprise data strategy?
- How can we take IT security into OT environments?
- How do robots fit into an overall IT/OT strategy?
ABB Ltd., AVEVA Group plc, C3.ai, Cisco Systems Inc., Dassault Systemes SE, Emerson Electric Co., GE Digital LLC, Honeywell International Inc., IBM, Infor Inc., Maana, Inc., Microsoft Corporation, OSIsoft, LLC, Oracle Corporation, Plex GmbH, QAD Inc., Rockwell Automation, Inc., SAP SE, Schneider Electric SE, Siemens AG, Uptake Technologies Inc.