IDC Telecommunications Insights: Technology Priorities and Services Strategies provides an overview of the key factors impacting the technology purchases of communication service providers (SPs) and how that supports communication SPs’ long-term services strategies. It examines how pervasive connectedness demanded by consumers, businesses and governments is directly impacting carriers' road map and strategic objectives. This includes investment priorities, opex challenges, and transformation goals. It highlights the priorities and emerging technologies that will be adopted by communications service providers in the telecommunications segment. The key focus is on the top 40 global service providers as well the innovative challengers implementing new cloud and software-defined digital platforms.
IDC Telecommunications Insights: Technology Priorities and Services Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Communications SP growth segments
- Communications SP investment priorities
- Evolution of the telco cloud
- Evaluating the characteristics of a digital service provider
- Communications SP digital transformation (DX) use cases
- Assessing digital services impact on revenues in the telecom sector
- Worldwide Service Provider and Capex/Opex Trends
- Implementing the Telco Cloud: Communications Service Provider DX Strategies
- The Service Provider Digital Index: Digital Revenue as a Percentage of Total Revenue
- Communications SPs as Enablers for Enterprise DX
- Global Service Provider MaturityScape
- Global Digital Service Provider MarketScape
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key technology challenges for communications SPs?
- What is the timeline for implementing next-gen telco cloud-native network functions (CNF) and the associated platforms
- What are the long-term capex and opex trends for telecom providers?
- What are the digital transformation strategies for communications service providers?
- Which communications segments are growing, and what are their technology priorities?
- What are the key requirements/opportunies for enabling the telecom cloud?
AT&T Inc., Amazon.com Inc., Aryaka Networks Inc., Bell Canada, Charter Communications, Inc., China Mobile Limited, China Telecom Corporation Limited, Cisco Systems Inc., Colt Group S.A., Comcast Corporation, DISH Network L.L.C., Dell Technologies Inc., Deutsche Telekom AG, Equinix Inc., Ericsson, Frontier Communications Corp., Google LLC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, KDDI Corporation, KPN N.V., Liberty Global PLC, Lumen Technologies, Microsoft Corporation, NTT, Orange S.A., Rakuten, Inc., Red Hat, Inc., RingCentral, Inc., Rogers Communications Inc., SK Telecom Co., Ltd., Salesforce.com, Inc., Singapore Telecommunications Limited, T-Mobile, TELUS Corporation, Tata Communications Limited, Telefonica S.A., Telstra Corporation Limited, VMware, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., Vodafone Group Plc
Meet the Experts
Research Vice President, Worldwide Telecommunications Research
Program Vice President, Worldwide Telecommunications
Research Director, Worldwide Telecommunications Services and Strategies