IDC Telecommunications Insights: Technology Priorities and Strategies provides an overview of key factors impacting the strategy, platforms, and purchasing decisions of communications service providers (SPs). It examines how pervasive connectedness demanded by consumers, businesses and governments is directly impacting carriers' road map and strategic objectives. This includes investment priorities, opex challenges, and transformation goals. It highlights the priorities and emerging technologies that will be adopted by communications service providers in the telecommunications segment. The key focus is on the top 40 global service providers as well the innovative challengers implementing new cloud and software-defined digital platforms.
IDC Telecommunications Insights: Technology Priorities and Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Communications SP growth segments
- Communications SP investment priorities
- Evolution of the telco cloud
- How customer engagement via branded communications will impact service providers
- Evaluating the characteristics of a digital service provider
- The role of AI in the telecom sector
- Communications SP digital transformation (DX) use cases
- Assessing digital revenue in the telecom sector
- Worldwide Service Provider and Capex/Opex Trends
- Implementing the Telco Cloud: Communications Service Provider DX Strategies
- The Service Provider Digital Index: Digital Revenue as a Percentage of Total Revenue
- Cable MSO Strategies and the Distributed Enterprise
- Communications SPs as Enablers for Enterprise DX
- Global Service Provider MaturityScape
- Global Digital Service Provider MarketScape
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key technology challenges for communications SPs?
- What is the timeline for implementing next-gen telco cloud-native network functions (CNF) and the associated platforms
- What are the long-term capex and opex trends for telecom providers?
- What are the digital transformation strategies for communications service providers?
- Which communications segments are growing, and what are their technology priorities?
- What are the key requirements/opportunies for enabling the telecom cloud?
8x8 Inc., AT&T Inc., Amazon.com Inc., Aryaka Networks Inc., BT Group plc, Bell Canada, Charter Communications, Inc., China Mobile Limited, China Telecom Corporation Limited, Cisco Systems Inc., Colt Group S.A., Comcast Corporation, DISH Network L.L.C., Dell Inc., Deutsche Telekom AG, Equinix Inc., Ericsson, Frontier Communications Corp., Google LLC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, KDDI Corporation, KPN, Korea Telecom Data Inc., Liberty Global PLC, Lumen Technologies, Masergy Communications Inc., Microsoft Corporation, NTT, Orange S.A., Rakuten, Inc., Red Hat, Inc., RingCentral, Inc., Rogers Communications Inc., SK Telecom Co., Ltd., Salesforce.com, Inc., Singapore Telecommunications Limited, T-Mobile, TELUS Corporation, Tata Communications Limited, Telefonica S.A., Telstra Corporation Limited, VMware, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., Vodafone Group Plc, Vonage Holdings Corp.