IDC Telecommunications Insights: Technology Priorities and Strategies provides an overview of key factors impacting the operations and strategy of communications service providers. This will include investment priorities, opex challenges, and transformation goals. It provides insight and highlights the priorities and emerging technologies that will be adopted by communications service providers in the telecommunications segment. This includes legacy providers, cable MSOs as well as emerging communications service providers.
IDC Telecommunications Insights: Technology Priorities and Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Communications service provider service
- Communications service provider investment priorities
- Development of the telco cloud
- 3rd Platform technology adoption in the telecom sector
- Communications service provider digital transformation (DX) use cases
- The growth of digital revenue in the telecom sector
- IDC MarketScape: Global Communications Service Providers DX Strategies
- Worldwide Service Provider TAM and Capex/Opex Trends
- How Service Providers Are Leveraging the Blockchain
- Implementing the Telco Cloud: SP SDN Platforms
- NextGen IT Platforms for Communications SPs
- Communications Service Provider DX Strategies
- Communications SPs IoT Platforms
- The Service Provider Digital Index: Digital Revenue as a Percent of Total Revenue
- Cable MSO Strategies and the Distributed Enterprise
- Communications SPs as Enabler for Enterprise DX Transformation
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key technology challenges for communications service providers?
- What is the timeline for implementing NexGen IT platforms, such as virtualized telco cloud, blockchain, and IoT platforms?
- What are the long-term capex and opex trends for telecom providers?
- What are the digital transformation strategies for communications service providers?
- Which communications segments are growing and what are their technology priorities?
8x8 Inc., AT&T Inc., Aryaka Networks Inc., BT Group plc, CenturyLink, Inc., Charter Communications, Inc., China Mobile Limited, China Telecom Corporation Limited, Colt Group S.A., Comcast Corporation, CoreSite Realty Corporation, Deutsche Telekom AG, Equinix Inc., GTT Communications Inc., KDDI Corporation, KPN, KT Corp., Liberty Global PLC, Masergy Communications Inc., NTT DATA Corporation, Nexmo Inc., Orange S.A., RingCentral, Inc., Rogers Communications Inc., SK Telecom Co., Ltd., Shaw Communications Inc., Singapore Telecommunications Limited, Sky plc, Sprint Corporation, TELUS Corporation, Tata Communications Limited, Telcel, S.A., Telefonica S.A., Telstra Corporation Limited, Twilio, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., Vodafone Group Plc, Vonage Holdings Corp.