Organizations globally are experiencing seismic changes in where and how to work. The adoption of technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI) — including generative AI, robotics, and intelligent process automation — are speeding this transformation. Drawing from IDC's Future of Work - Agenda framework, this advisory service focuses on how technology is changing work culture, digital workspaces and physical workplaces, and the ways in which humans and machines collaborate to get work done. This research will help technology vendors and service providers develop the best portfolios and go-to-market strategies and tactics to address the needs of transforming industries in their target markets.
Future of Work - Agenda
Meet the Experts
Research Vice President, Future of Work
Senior Research Analyst, Worldwide Future of Work Agenda
Group Vice President, Content Strategies and the Future of Work
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- IDC's future of work framework: Culture, space, and augmentation
- Technologies shaping the future of work
- Vendors offering future of work innovations
- Analysis of market initiatives across work culture, digital workspace, physical workplace and augmentation of work
- Flexible work models
- Relationship between EX and CX
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Future of work for frontline workers
- Future of work leadership profiles
- Annual Global Survey: Culture, Space, and Augmentation
- IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Future of Work Predictions
- Why Words Matter: A Future of Work Terminology Guide
- IDC MaturityScape: Flexible Work
- Future of Work Market Sizing 2023
- Future of Work Scorecard 2023
- IDC Perspective: Frontline Workers
- IDC Perspective: Cross-Functional Leadership
- IDC Survey: Security and the Future of Work
- IDC Survey: How Automation Is Changing Future of Work
- IDC Perspective: How Digital Workspace and Physical Workplaces Are Evolving
- IDC PeerScape: Frontline Workers
- IDC Survey: Evolving Skills and Roles for Hybrid Work 2023-2024
- IDC Market Analysis Perspective: Future of Work
- IDC Market Glance Update: Future of Work
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How will organizations navigate flexible work models?
- Why do vendors need to be focused on the reimagined workplace?
- What are the specific technologies and innovations driving the future of work?
- What will be the impact of AI on employee skills, productivity, and the future of work?
- How are organizations providing frontline workers with democratized access to technology and digital collaboration?
- What are the key opportunities and challenges for the future of work transformation across work culture, workspace, and workforce?
- 3D Systems, Inc.
- ADP LLC
- Accenture plc
- Adobe Systems Inc.
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
- Amazon.com Inc.
- Apple Inc.
- Archibus, Inc.
- Asana, Inc.
- Automation Anywhere, Inc.
- Avanade Inc.
- Box, Inc.
- Catalant Technologies Inc.
- Celonis SE
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Citrix Systems, Inc.
- Cornerstone OnDemand, Inc.
- DXC Technology Co.
- Dell Technologies Inc.
- Dialpad, Inc.
- Dropbox Inc.
- Eptura Inc.
- Google LLC
- HP Inc.
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- Intel Corporation
- Konica Minolta Holdings, Inc.
- Kyndryl Inc.
- Lenovo Group Limited
- LinkedIn Corporation
- Meta Platforms Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Nintex Group Pty. Ltd.
- OpenText Corporation
- Oracle Corporation
- Pegasystems Inc.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Qualcomm Inc.
- Qualtrics, LLC
- Ricoh Company, Ltd.
- SAP SE
- SHI International Corp.
- SS&C Blue Prism
- Salesforce.com, Inc.
- ServiceNow, Inc.
- Sharp Corporation
- SkillSoft Corp.
- Slack Technologies, Inc.
- Smartsheet Inc.
- Stratasys Ltd.
- Symantec Corporation
- The North Highland Company
- UiPath Inc.
- Unisys Corporation
- VMware, Inc.
- WALKME LTD
- Whatfix Pvt Ltd
- Workday, Inc.
- ZOOM Technologies Inc.
- iCIMS, Inc.