Global events, market forces, and technological advancements continue to drive digital transformation in K–12 and higher education, from the back office to the classroom, in all regions of the world. Disparities in education access and outcomes, changing student demographics, staffing challenges, political pressures, and a societal shift toward lifelong learning are all forcing education leaders to rethink how they operate and deliver services.
IDC Government Insights: Worldwide Education Digital Strategies analyzes key IT and digital transformation trends impacting institutions across all levels of education, with a focus on higher education. Key research focuses on efficient and secure campus/school administration competencies, outcomes-based reforms, learning and pedagogical innovations, and forward-looking future campus operations management. Published research tracks current and future trends in IT, best practices in digital transformation, and technological innovations in educational institutions. Program research identifies emerging solutions, best practice case studies, and objective third-party assessments of solution providers. This program dives deeply into education-specific software such as LMS, SIS, collaboration tools, cloud platforms, and high-performance research platforms.
The IDC Government Insights: Worldwide Education Digital Strategies research and advisory service analyzes the latest technological developments in K–12 and higher education, as well as the edtech market. This service conducts intensive qualitative and quantitative research to develop unique and comprehensive analyses of trends focused on providing actionable recommendations for IT buyers and suppliers in education. Relevant market data is collected through IDC Government Insights' proprietary research projects, spending forecasts, targeted surveys, ongoing communications with industry experts and stakeholders, and technology vendors. The research is complemented by secondary data and information from conferences, research organizations, outside publications, and third-party news sources. To ensure relevance, our analysts work with subscribers as well as education IT and industry leaders to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research documents.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- How technology is being used to improve the student experience and enhance education outcomes
- How technology is being used to address inefficiencies in institutional operations and to augment or automate faculty and staff workloads
- Emerging technologies that are transforming education, including cloud, machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI), data analytics, AR/VR, and 5G connectivity
- Government initiatives and regulations impacting the education sector
- Hardware, software, and IT services used in the education sector
- The response of education leaders to major trends including student well-being challenges, faculty and staff shortages, privacy legislation, and evolving cybersecurity threats
- Best practices and lessons learned from digital education implementations around the world
IDC Government Insights: Worldwide Education Digital Strategies is ideally suited for vendors offering IT products to the global K–12 and higher education market, including marketing and sales departments and product, solution, and service leaders. Research is also created specifically for technology buyers in educational institutions looking to understand best practices from peers and obtain actionable advice on how to approach the adoption of emerging technologies. Technology buyers include CIOs, IT leaders, and department heads or faculty and staff with influence in the technology decision-making cycle.