New software technologies and infrastructures are fueling the transformation of the communications industry. IDC's Communications Service Provider Operations service examines CSP investments in software-driven IT and network systems to support business-critical operations and strategic activities of the CSP and its customers. By leveraging interactions with CSPs, network equipment providers (NEPs), IT and independent software vendors (ISVs), systems integrators (SIs), and other ecosystem players, this service analyzes the operational systems, platforms, and technologies most relevant to CSPs and provides the critical market sizing, segmentation, forecasts, vendor profiles, growth drivers, and implications of key industry trends and market opportunities. This service offers business and operational support systems (BSS/OSS) vendors, NEPs, SIs, ISVs, and CSPs vital support for their strategic and operational investments, product road maps, and related activities and enables more informed decision making.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Business and operational support systems, including service fulfillment, assurance, and billing
- Orchestration and management of virtualized networks
- Real-time charging and policy management and enforcement
- Communications industry software and services ecosystems
- Communications industry analytics, Big Data solutions
- Operational platforms for digital transformation (DX) and customer experience management (CEM) for CSPs
- IT systems for network virtualization
- Cloud and IoT service enablement and billing
- Worldwide OSS/BSS Forecast
- Network Virtualization, NFV, Market Development Insight
- Impact of NFV and SDN on CSP Operations
- Workload Segmentation of CSP IT Infrastructure
- CSP Customer Experience and Digital Strategies for Success
- Worldwide Cloud Billing Forecast and Analysis
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How do CSP teams serve the digital transformation goals of CSP business leaders and customer DX leaders, and how do they transform their operations to consistently provide superior service experiences and relevant customer interactions?
- Will IT operations partnerships with CSP business leaders change faster than network cooperation with CSP business teams as the use of IT practices and technologies increase?
- Which OSS/BSS specialists will survive industry consolidation — or is there a role for smaller niche players?
- How quickly will CSPs embrace IT platforms for virtualized network infrastructure and other IT practices, and what are the key evaluation criteria?
- How can CSPs make money with cloud and IoT and what do they need to know to properly enable their organizations to deliver and support these new service types?
- How quickly will CSPs deploy analytics and cognitive solutions to capitalize on network, customer, and operational intelligence, and what is the market size?
AGILIS INTERNATIONAL INC.,
ARIA NETWORKS, LTD.,
Allot Communications Ltd.,
Brocade Communications Systems,
CA Technologies, Inc.,
CGI Group Inc.,
CSG SYSTEMS INTERNATIONAL, INC.,
CVIDYA NETWORKS LTD,
Cisco Systems, Inc.,
Citrix Systems, Inc.,
Deutsche Telekom AG,
F5 Networks, Inc.,
FLASH NETWORKS INC,
Hewlett Packard Enterprise,
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.,
Juniper Networks, Inc.,
LM Ericsson Telephone Company,
Mitel Networks Corporation,
Monexa Technologies Corp.,
NetScout Systems, Inc.,
OVERTURE SERVICES, INC.,
Odin Technologies, Inc.,
Ontology Partners Limited,
Openwave Systems Inc.,
PROCERA NETWORKS, INC.,
Progress Software Corporation,
ReVerb Networks, Inc.,
Red Hat, Inc.,
SAS Institute Inc.,
SYNCHRONOSS TECHNOLOGIES, INC.,
Sonus Networks, Inc.,
Spirent Communications plc,
Syniverse Holdings, Inc.,
TANGO TELECOM LIMITED,
Tata Consultancy Services Limited,
Tech Mahindra Limited,
Vasona Systems Inc,
Verizon Communications, Inc.,
Vodafone Group Plc,