IDC's Future of Digital Infrastructure - Agenda research program highlights CXO perspectives on how changes in cloud, datacenter, network, edge, automation and AI/ML-powered operations are being used to enable digital business resiliency and innovation. This program provides forward-looking insights around CXO strategies and priorities for optimizing cloud and digital infrastructure operating models, architectures, automation, governance, and vendor sourcing strategies, including consumption-based as-a-service solutions and ecosystem marketplaces.
Future of Digital Infrastructure - Agenda
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Worldwide digital infrastructure architecture and operating model transformations for hybrid and multicloud environments
- Cloud and digital infrastructure governance, KPIs, and as-a-service sourcing best practices
- Role of governance, compliance, and security in enabling distributed digital infrastructure operational excellence
- Edge-driven “distributed by design” digital infrastructure opportunities
- Impact of enterprise pivot to workload-centric and data-driven digital infrastructure strategies
- Digital infrastructure ESG priorities and investment plans
- Impact of self-driving, autonomous operations and AI/ML-powered observability
- IDC’s Worldwide Survey Results: Digital Infrastructure Priorities, Headwinds, and Strategies
- How the Future of Digital Infrastructure Is Transforming Strategic Vendor Relationships
- IDC PeerScapes: Enterprise Digital Infrastructure Best Practices Customer Profiles and Thought Leadership
- IDC MaturityScape: Future of Digital Infrastructure Operating Models
- IDC’s Digital Infrastructure Resiliency Index and Benchmarks
- IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Future of Digital Infrastructure Predictions
- Digital Infrastructure and Cloud Service Provider Ecosystem Impacts on Digital Business Success
- IDC’s North American Digital Infrastructure Future Enterprise Award Winner Profiles and Lessons Learned
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the most important digital infrastructure customer priorities impacting purchasing and partner decisions?
- How should enterprise digital business decision makers collaborate with IT and CloudOps teams to take full advantage of emerging cloud and digital infrastructure innovations?
- How does the increasing sophistication of automation and AI analytics change cloud and digital infrastructure management, security, and governance?
- How will the proliferation of data, edge-based computing, and cyberattack risk profiles change the way enterprises design, operate, secure, and consume digital infrastructure?
- How will staffing, skills, and control plane strategies need to evolve to optimize digital infrastructure costs, performance, security, and scale?
- What architectural and operational attributes are most predictive of successful digital infrastructure deployment and operations across datacenters, public clouds, and edge platforms?
Alibaba Group Holding Limited, Amazon Web Services Inc., AppDynamics, Inc., BMC Software, Inc., Broadcom Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Cloudera, Inc., ConvergeOne, Datadog, Inc., Dell Technologies Inc., Dynatrace LLC, Equinix Inc., Expedient Data Centers, F5 Networks, Inc., Google LLC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Intel Corporation, Juniper Networks, Inc., Lenovo Group Limited, Microsoft Corporation, NetApp, Inc., New Relic, Inc., Nutanix, Inc., Oracle Corporation, Red Hat, Inc., SUSE Linux GmbH, Samsung, ServiceNow, Inc., Splunk Inc., VMware, Inc.