IDC's Future of Digital Infrastructure - Agenda research program addresses the ongoing technology, deployment model, and operational changes transforming the way businesses use IT infrastructure to create competitive advantage. This program provides forward-looking insights around CXO strategies for optimizing digital infrastructure architectures, intelligent automation, governance, staffing, skills, vendor relationships, and infrastructure sourcing decisions.
Future of Digital Infrastructure - Agenda
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Next-gen digital infrastructure technology trends including how cloud-centric solutions impact the pace of business digitalization
- Evolution of digital infrastructure governance, KPIs, and vendor sourcing best practices
- Impact of AI/ML-powered observability and automation for cost, performance, and security optimization
- Impact of everything-as-a-service pricing and support options on enterprise digital infrastructure consumption models
- Evolution of top priority IT and CloudOps skills and processes
- How edge computing will shift digital infrastructure architectures
- Impact of serverless, functions, and cross-cloud operational abstraction on the way digital infrastructure is purchased and controlled
- IDC PlanScape: Planning for Digital Infrastructure as a Service
- IDC Survey: Digital Infrastructure Trends and Voice of the Customer
- IDC Perspective: Enterprise Checklist for Future Proofing Digital Infrastructure Architectures
- IDC Perspective: Digital Infrastructure and Cloud Ecosystems, Control Planes, and Enterprise Sourcing Priorities for 2021
- IDC PeerScape: Transforming ITOps, Automation, and Analytics to Improve Digital Infrastructure Resiliency, Sustainability, and Security
- IDC PeerScape: Digital Infrastructure Governance Best Practices
- IDC Perspective: Top 5 Emerging Digital Infrastructure Technology Trends Impacting Digital Business Success
- IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Digital Infrastructure 2022 Predictions
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the most important digital infrastructure technology trends impacting business digitalization success?
- How should enterprise digital business decision makers collaborate with IT and CloudOps teams to take full advantage of digital infrastructure innovation?
- How does the increasing maturity of AI-enabled analytics/operations across compute, data, and network infrastructure alter IT management and governance best practices?
- As enterprises deliver new digital services across many geographies, what will be the impact on how they consume and manage infrastructure assets?
- What impact will digital infrastructure and cloud ecosystems have on enterprise investment priorities?
- What impact will the shift to more flexible/as-a-service consumption of infrastructure have on the end-to-end utilization of digital infrastructure assets and services?
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., Amazon Web Services Inc., AppDynamics, Inc., BMC Software, Inc., Broadcom Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Datadog, Inc., Dell Inc., Dynatrace LLC, F5 Networks, Inc., Google LLC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Intel Corporation, Juniper Systems, Inc., Lenovo Group Limited, Microsoft Corporation, NetApp, Inc., New Relic, Inc., Nutanix, Inc., Oracle Corporation, Red Hat, Inc., ServiceNow, Inc., Splunk Inc., Turbonomic, Inc., VMware, Inc.