IDC's Active Application Security and Fraud covers the tools and technologies that protect custom-built applications and infrastructure. Applications provide businesses with the ability to deliver an engaging online user experience across mobile and web to key audiences. These applications face a specialized set of threats and technical requirements, which has led to a diverse marketplace of security solutions. However, IT buyers are shifting from traditional piecemeal or siloed application security practices to a holistic and unified view of application security considerations, requirements, and best practices. Further, the CIS provides an overview of key technologies used to secure applications, including DDoS mitigation, web application firewalls (WAFs), API security, and bot management.
Active Application Security and Fraud
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
Active Application Security and Fraud examines the technologies and tools that keep our digitally transformed applications and related systems operating at all times, and secure. Unfortunately, as businesses adopt more varied and more powerful application functionality, cybercriminals have taken notice. Web application front ends and APIs represent a useful target for fraud, business logic abuse, and data theft. These applications are also gaining recognition as a viable foothold for malware and other cyberthreats, targeting more sensitive data and IT systems. However, security is just the beginning as we look to mature our applications with integrated trust, a strategy to promote granular, application-specific access controls and proactive, predictive protections. Today's applications incorporate many of these concepts via a holistic view of applications, user identity context, access control methods, application infrastructure protection, and application integrity assurance.
- Active Application Security Market Share
- Web Application Firewall Market Forecast
- Online Fraud and Integrity Market Glance
- Pervasive Application Edge Defense Market Perspective
- DDoS Mitigation Market Forecast
- Bot Management Market Forecast
- API Security Market Forecast
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the size of the application security market?
- Who is the market share leader in application security?
- What does fraud prevention mean for web and mobile channels?
- What is the business risk of DDoS?
- What is the future of API security?
- Akamai Technologies, Inc.
- Alibaba Group Holding Limited
- Amazon Web Services Inc.
- Array Networks, Inc.
- Baidu, Inc.
- Barracuda Networks, Inc.
- Broadcom Inc.
- China Telecom Corporation Limited
- Citrix Systems, Inc.
- Cloudflare, Inc.
- DBAPPSecurity Ltd.
- F5 Inc.
- Fastly, Inc.
- Fortinet, Inc.
- Google LLC
- HelpSystems LLC
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Imperva, Inc.
- Ivanti Software Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- NETSCOUT Systems, Inc.
- NSFOCUS Technologies Co. Ltd.
- OpenText Corporation
- Penta Security Systems Inc.
- Qualys Inc.
- RSA Security LLC
- Radware Ltd.
- RaonSecure Co., Ltd.
- Rapid7 LLC
- SAP SE
- SGA Co.,Ltd
- SonicWALL, Inc.
- Tencent Holdings Limited