IDC's Worldwide Monthly Technology Investment Monitor is a monthly market presentation series that leverages results from IDC's Future Enterprise Resiliency and Spending Survey of 800+ technology decision makers across North America, Europe, and Asia/Pacific regions. It provides insights on the key short- and long-term technology transition, macroeconomic, and geopolitical forces shaping enterprises technology investment expectations.
Worldwide Monthly Technology Investment Monitor
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
IDC's Worldwide Monthly Technology Investment Monitor provides a snapshot of the key forces shaping enterprises' technology investment expectations around the world. It leverages findings taken from IDC's monthly Future Enterprise Resiliency and Spending Survey of technology investment influencers (by major region, company size, major industry, buyer type, and digital business maturity) to deliver ongoing insights into how fast-changing economic (inflation, recession, currency fluctuations) and geopolitical (conflicts, digital sovereignty, supply chain disruptions) developments are influencing overall and segment-specific technology investments plans. It also provides insights into how longer-term developments such as as-a-service consumption, broad adoption of AI, greater automation of the business, and the shift to digital business are altering technology investment priorities.
- Worldwide Monthly Technology Investment Monitor, January
- Worldwide Monthly Technology Investment Monitor, February
- Worldwide Monthly Technology Investment Monitor, March
- Worldwide Monthly Technology Investment Monitor, April
- Worldwide Monthly Technology Investment Monitor, May
- Worldwide Monthly Technology Investment Monitor, June
- Worldwide Monthly Technology Investment Monitor, July
- Worldwide Monthly Technology Investment Monitor, August
- Worldwide Monthly Technology Investment Monitor, September
- Worldwide Monthly Technology Investment Monitor, October
- Worldwide Monthly Technology Investment Monitor, November
- Monthly Technology Investment Monitor, December
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are tech decision makers' current beliefs about the health of the overall economy in terms of GDP as well as impact on overall and segment-specific IT budget plans, and how are they changing over time?
- How much do tech decision makers currently believe geopolitical issues from ongoing conflicts to assertions of digital sovereignty by countries around the world will affect IT spending plans?
- What impact do concerns about new technology developments such as generative AI and economic disruptions in major countries have on current-year and next-year IT spending expectations by major region?
- How do as-a-service consumption and AI use in the business shape technology investment priorities by enterprises' level of transition to digital business?
- What impact do tech decision makers believe that inflation will have on the costs of devices, hardware, software, cloud, and professional/managed services in the coming year, and how will they respond?
- AT&T Inc.
- Accenture plc
- Adobe Systems Inc.
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
- Alibaba Group Holding Limited
- Amazon Web Services Inc.
- Broadcom Inc.
- Capgemini Services SAS
- Celonis SE
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Citrix Systems, Inc.
- DXC Technology Co.
- Dell Technologies Inc.
- Deloitte LLP
- Digital Realty Trust, Inc.
- Equinix Inc.
- Ernst & Young Global Limited
- F5 Inc.
- Google LLC
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Hitachi Vantara LLC
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Intel Corporation
- Kyndryl Inc.
- Lenovo Group Limited
- Lumen Technologies
- Microsoft Corporation
- NTT Communications Corporation
- NVIDIA Corporation
- NetApp, Inc.
- New Relic, Inc.
- Nutanix, Inc.
- Oracle Corporation
- Palo Alto Networks, Inc.
- Pure Storage, Inc.
- Qlik Technologies Inc.
- Rackspace Technology Global, Inc.
- Red Hat, Inc.
- SAP SE
- Salesforce, Inc.
- Schneider Electric SE
- ServiceNow, Inc.
- Snowflake Inc.
- TIBCO Software Inc.
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited
- Tencent Holdings Limited
- Trend Micro Incorporated
- VMware, Inc.
- Verizon Communications, Inc.
- Workday, Inc.