IDC's Cloud Adoption Trends and Strategies offers analysis into the current ownership profile and investment intentions of cloud buyers across a wide range of company sizes, industries, and regions. It covers barriers to adoption and compelling reasons to act, along with buyer "persona" segmentation and potential targeting criteria. Cloud buyers' current investments, technology adoption plans, and future investment insights are backed by research from companion survey products such as Cloud Pulse. This CIS provides technology vendors of all sizes with the knowledge required to build, market, and sell products and services across the cloud stack. IDC's Cloud Adoption Trends and Insights CIS is a companion to the Cloud Pulse SIS, which is itself part of the BuyerView product catalog. The latter provides quarterly insights on cloud adoption using a worldwide survey of cloud buyers.
Cloud Adoption Trends and Strategies
Meet the Experts
Research Vice President, Cloud and Edge Services, Worldwide Infrastructure Research
Senior Research Director, Cloud and Edge Services, Worldwide Infrastructure Research
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Differing cloud buyer personas
- Public cloud, private cloud, multicloud, and hybrid cloud adoption and drivers and inhibitors
- Cloud spending and technology investment plans
- Cloud application deployment and movement
- Macroeconomic impacts on cloud buyers' strategies
- Customer playbooks and journey to cloud
- Cloud vendor considerations
- ROI and value measurement
- IT staff skills and reskilling
- Worldwide Cloud Spending Priorities
- Cloud Application and Workload Trends
- Cloud Buyer-Vendor Requirements
- Worldwide Impacts of Inflation on Cloud Buyer Behavior
- The Critical Role of the Cloud Ecosystem
- Cloud Sustainability: Separating Immediate Needs from the Nice-to-Have Ones
- Cloud DR Adoption and Spend
- XOps and the Cloud: FinOps, DevOps, DevSecOps, SecOps, ITOps, and CloudOps
- Preparing for New Workloads: AI
- The Automated Business: Automation's Impact on the Delivery of Cloud
- The Cloud-Native Future and Cloud
- The Role of the CIO Versus the CTO in Cloud
- Private Cloud Adoption Trends
- Public Cloud Adoption Trends
- Cloud Customer Case Studies
- Cloud Vendor News and Event Analysis
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the state of cloud adoption and what factors are driving cloud technology and service buyers of all sizes to make purchase decisions?
- Aside from budget considerations, what other factors are influencing the size and type of investment in cloud? How much do macroeconomic factors matter? What are cloud buyers saying they need more certainty about?
- What kind of cloud deployments – public, private, and hosted – are being considered for what applications and workloads? What reasons are given for these choices? How much does security, compliance, cost, and ROI count in these decisions?
- Which cloud technology and service vendors are considered the most strategically important to future strategy and why?
- What qualities must providers possess to help companies get cloud right?
- How do buyers use FinOps to overcome cloud management challenges?
- Alibaba Group Holding Limited
- Amazon.com Inc.
- Baidu, Inc.
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Dell Technologies Inc.
- Google LLC
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Intel Corporation
- Microsoft Corporation
- Oracle Corporation
- Rackspace Technology Global, Inc.
- Red Hat, Inc.
- SAP SE
- Tencent Holdings Limited
- VMware, Inc.