IDC's Canadian Managed Cloud Services program examines both the traditional asset-based model of IT outsourcing and datacenter hosting and the emergence of alternative sourcing models such as cloud computing and as-a-service delivery. This research identifies the latest trends affecting the market and reveals the principles of next-generation models such as the dissemination of IT services, offshoring, and nearshoring; how companies are leveraging outsourcing and managed services to reshape the way they do business; and how these trends will impact the existing marketplace and create opportunities for a range of new and emerging cloud service providers.
Canadian Managed Cloud Services
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- IT, network, and endpoint outsourcing services
- Datacenter and hosting services
- The strategic value of third-party services
- The alignment of sourcing strategies with IT and business objectives
- The partner and wholesale ecosystem
- Sourcing models such as selective sourcing and multisourcing
- Role of outsourcing advisors and competitive analysis
- Sales, marketing, and customer service strategies
- The strengths and challenges of market leaders and newcomers
- Forecast, size, and growth for Canadian IS, endpoint, network, and hosting infrastructure services
- Forecast, size, and growth for Canadian managed cloud services
- Competitor analysis of managed service providers
- Buyer studies on the adoption of managed cloud services
- Thought leadership on the evolution of the managed cloud services market in Canada
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the revenue opportunity for the provision of infrastructure outsourcing services in Canada?
- What are the competitive market positions and perceptions of major managed cloud service providers?
- Which cloud service providers are best positioned to partner with to increase market share?
- How can vendors best differentiate themselves in the market?
- What are the challenges of network and endpoint management, and how are Canadian businesses addressing this fundamental IT activity?
- What are the best approaches to expand markets and services?
- How can companies best leverage the portfolio of outsourced services and cloud service providers?
- What forces are changing the way applications are deployed, and how will these forces affect vendors and customers in this space?
Accenture plc, Acronym Solutions Inc., Aptum Technologies Inc., Atos SE, Bell Canada, CDW Corporation, CGI Group Inc., Capgemini Services SAS, Carbon60 Networks Inc., CentriLogic Inc., Cologix, Inc., DXC Technology Co., Equinix Inc., HCL Technologies Limited, Hut 8 Mining Corp., IBM, Infosys Limited, KPMG International, Kyndryl Inc., Long View Systems, NTT DATA Corporation, OVH Groupe S.A.S, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Rackspace Technology Global, Inc., Rogers Communications Inc., TELUS Corporation, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Telus International Inc, Wipro Limited, eStruxture Data Centers Inc.