The payment industry has seen drastic changes in the past decade. New technologies, entrants, and business models have forced incumbent vendors and their financial institution customers to rethink how they move money. Stakeholders across the payment value chain — card-issuing banks, merchant acquirers, payment networks, and payment processors — face increasingly complex decisions. In this turbulent market, the players need more than facts and figures; they need critical analysis and insightful opinions.
Worldwide Payment Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Developing trends in payments such as omni-channel and alternative payment networks
- Evaluation and integration of new payment channels like voice commerce and IoT
- Enterprise risk, compliance, and fraud issues affecting payment products
- Legal and regulatory issues around the world that will affect how payments develop
- Middle- and back-office technologies that will affect the payment strategies of financial institutions
- Emerging technologies such as blockchain, AI, and next-generation security and their potential for altering the payment landscape
- IDC MarketScape: Gateways for Integrated Payments
- B2B Payments: Digital Transformation in Transactions
- Retail Revolution: Beyond Card Payments
- Blockchain Payments: Short-Term Realities
- Persistent Payments: Automated Transactions in a Connected World
- Real-Time Payment Productization: Overlays in Action
- Retail Fraud: Protecting a Multi-Payment Environment
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
Throughout the year, this service will answer the following topics:
- What do financial institutions need to know about emerging technology?
- How do vendors and financial institutions build products that succeed in this dynamic market?
- What are the market opportunities for solutions providers and vendors?
- How will new technology providers and start-ups affect the market?
- How will regulatory issues around the world change the payment market for vendors, financial institutions, merchants, and consumers?
- How do financial institutions need to modernize and streamline payments infrastructure?
- Who in the market is offering truly innovative products and solutions?