As profit and regulatory compliance pressures increase, life science companies are actively seeking ways to shorten the time and decrease the cost of bringing new drugs and other medical products to market. The IDC Health Insights: Worldwide Life Science R&D Strategy and Technology service provides life science companies with the necessary insight to optimize their operational focus and consider the adoption of technological innovation. This IDC Health Insights service provides a forward-looking analysis of IT and technologies on the critical path and how they are being adopted all along the discovery research, clinical development, and broader life science research and development (R&D) value chain.
IDC Health Insights: Worldwide Life Science R&D Strategy and Technology
This service develops comprehensive data and unique analyses through ongoing direct discussions with leading industry innovators, focused topical surveys, and other primary and secondary research. To ensure relevance, IDC Health Insights' analysts work with subscribers to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Digital biomarkers, RWE, and SDOH in driving patient recruitment
- Measuring the ROI on decentralized clinical trials
- The role of retail pharmacies as a key enabler of decentralized trials
- The increasing importance of technology in driving diversity and equity in clinical trials
- The IDC's trust framework for healthcare and life sciences, top priorities for selecting a public cloud provider, the importance of ESG, and the growing importance of zero trust frameworks
- The increasing adoption of an industry ecosystem model by the life sciences industry and the focus on implementing environmentally sustainable practices across the industry ecosystem
- The growing importance of technologies such as 5G, the metaverse, and generative AI in transforming clinical trials
- The role of digital transformation in the evolution and convergence of the discovery research and enabling the lab of the future
- Market landscape assessments on real-world data, strategic consulting, the "lab of the future," and regulatory intelligence
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How can more effective uses of data and AI reduce both the cost and the risk of discovery research and clinical trials?
- What are the latest technology trends in the execution of decentralized clinical trials, which technologies are being leveraged to drive patient retention, and how will these help me accelerate time to market of new drugs?
- What are the key hurdles in accessing and optimizing the use of real-world data in life science R&D today, and how can one leverage meaningful insights from the same?
- How is technology being leveraged to drive regulatory intelligence and accelerate submissions?
- How can one implement the lab of the future to create a connected ecosystem and to build the lab of the future?
- How can one leverage technology to ensure diversity and equity in clinical trials?
- Which are the technology enablers that have enabled the industry to leverage real-world data effectively to drive drug pricing strategy and drug repurposing?
- What are the key drivers impacting industry spending on innovation?
Who Should Subscribe
The insights provided from the IDC Health Insights: Worldwide Life Science R&D Strategy and Technology service are beneficial to a growing number of individuals in life science enterprises, including chief information officers, life science COOs and line-of-business executives, senior life science strategy and business management professionals, eclinical technology vendors, contract research organizations (CROs), pharmas, biotechs, clinical operations and analytics leadership, IT executives, and related healthcare professionals.