As profit and regulatory compliance pressures increase, life science companies are actively seeking ways to shorten the time and decrease the cost of bringing new drugs and other medical products to market. The IDC Health Insights: Worldwide Life Science R&D Strategy and Technology service provides life science companies with the necessary insight to optimize their operational focus and consider the adoption of technological innovation. This IDC Health Insights service provides a forward-looking analysis of IT and technologies on the critical path and how they are being adopted all along the discovery research, clinical development, and broader life science research and development (R&D) value chain.
IDC Health Insights: Worldwide Life Science R&D Strategy and Technology
This service develops comprehensive data and unique analyses through ongoing direct discussions with leading industry innovators, focused topical surveys, and other primary and secondary research. To ensure relevance, IDC Health Insights' analysts work with subscribers to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- The critical importance of predictive analytics technologies, powered by AI/ML in delivering insights to the pharma industry
- The power of big data, AI/ML, and cloud technology in driving a precision medicine strategy
- The role of technology in driving diversity and equity in clinical trials
- The role of real-world evidence in transforming drug repurposing and contributing to drug pricing
- The importance of connecting the dots between clinical data systems and EMRs to be able to leverage real-world data to leverage insights and accelerate clinical trials
- The growing importance of technologies such as gamification, behavioral robots, wearables, and the IoT in upping the sentiment quotient and driving patient retention and enabling decentralized trials
- The role of digital transformation in the evolution and convergence of the discovery research and enabling the lab of the future
- Market landscape assessments on decentralized clinical trials, risk-based monitoring, and pharmacovigilance
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How can more effective uses of data, information, and knowledge reduce both the cost and the risk of discovery research and clinical trials?
- What are the latest technology trends in the execution of decentralized clinical trials, which technologies are being leveraged to drive patient retention, and how will these help me accelerate time to market of new drugs?
- What are the key hurdles in accessing and optimizing the use of real-world data in life science R&D today, and how can one leverage meaningful insights from the same?
- How can one implement the lab of the future to create a connected ecosystem and to build the lab of the future?
- How can one leverage technology to ensure diversity and equity in clinical trials?
- Which are the technology enablers that have enabled the industry to leverage real-world data effectively to drive drug pricing strategy and drug repurposing?
- What are the key drivers impacting industry spending on innovation?
Who Should Subscribe
The insights provided from the IDC Health Insights: Worldwide Life Science R&D Strategy and Technology service are beneficial to a growing number of individuals in life science enterprises, including chief information officers, life science COOs and line-of-business executives, senior life science strategy and business management professionals, eclinical technology vendors, clinical operations and analytics leadership, IT executives, and related healthcare professionals.