As profit and regulatory compliance pressures increase, life science companies are actively seeking ways to shorten the time and decrease the cost of bringing new drugs and other medical products to market. The IDC Health Insights: Life Science R&D Strategy and Technology service provides life science companies with the necessary insight to optimize their operational focus and consider the adoption of technological innovation. This IDC Health Insights service provides a forward-looking analysis of IT and technologies on the critical path and how they are being adopted all along the discovery research, clinical development, and broader life science research and development (R&D) value chain. In addition to qualitative assessments, this service includes quantitative market sizing and forecasts to provide a complete picture of the processes and technologies that impact business success in life science R&D.
IDC Health Insights: Life Science R&D Strategy and Technology
This service develops comprehensive data and unique analyses through ongoing direct discussions with leading industry innovators, focused topical surveys, and other primary and secondary research. To ensure relevance, IDC Health Insights' analysts work with subscribers to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- The role of digital transformation in the evolution and convergence of the discovery research and eclinical ecosystems
- The emerging and transformational embrace of NLP, RPA, machine and deep learning, cognitive computing, and AI
- The shift toward improved patient engagement as a core strategy
- Critical applications and platforms, including ELN, LIMS, EDC, pharmacovigilance, eCOA, CTMS, CDMS, IXR, RBM, and RIM
- Evolving pharmaceutical R&D execution and delivery models — including new collaborative models, functional and strategic outsourcing, and XaaS — and the expanding role of IT clouds, big data and analytics, mobile connectivity, social engagement, and digital transformation
- Expansion beyond traditional life science industry boundaries and the embracing of translational research
- The growing impact of genomics on the R&D ecosystem
- Regulatory submission and compliance issues, including IDMP
- The role of technology and cross-industry best practices
- The ongoing industry shift from applications to solutions and from platforms to outcomes
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How can more effective uses of data, information, and knowledge reduce both the cost and the risk of discovery research and clinical trials?
- What are the latest technology trends in drug discovery, clinical trial design, patient recruitment, site monitoring, and trial execution, and how will these help me to accelerate both time to market and market adoption of my new offerings?
- What are the key hurdles to the effective use of information in life science R&D today?
- What are the current best practices in life science R&D, and how can we expect these processes to evolve over both the near and the longer term?
- What can the industry learn from best practices outside of the life sciences, and what are the hurdles impacting adoption?
- What are the key drivers impacting industry spending on innovation?
Who Should Subscribe
The insights provided from the IDC Health Insights: Life Science R&D Strategy and Technology service are beneficial to a growing number of individuals in life science enterprises, including chief information officers, senior life science strategy and business management professionals, eclinical technology vendors, clinical operations leadership, IT executives, and related healthcare professionals.