The IDC Manufacturing Insights: Worldwide Product Innovation Strategies research advisory service examines key challenges facing manufacturers related to the digital transformation of product design, innovation, R&D, engineering, and the optimization of product performance across the life cycle. The service provides fact-based research on tools, strategies, and best practices in product and digital design, simulation, product life-cycle management (PLM), R&D, and engineering to meet the challenges that manufacturers across all industries face today including product and service complexity, extended ecosystems, and customer expectations for unique product and service experiences. Research also addresses the need for integration with upstream sales and marketing, downstream supply chain, manufacturing, and service systems to enable a closed-loop digital thread. We examine how manufacturers can make better and faster product-related decisions through a digital innovation platform that takes advantage of new technology capabilities, including analytics and mobility, and serves changing business relationships and conditions.
IDC Manufacturing Insights: Worldwide Product Innovation Strategies
This advisory service develops a unique analysis based on comprehensive data through IDC Manufacturing Insights' proprietary research projects, along with ongoing communications with industry experts, manufacturing executives, PLM professionals, and PLM software and service providers that support a product innovation platform. To ensure relevance, our analysts work with our discrete and process manufacturing clients from line of business and IT and across domains to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports. Our analysts are also available to provide individualized advice for manufacturing executives.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the product life-cycle challenges and opportunities for manufacturers in the current global economy?
- What strategies can manufacturers deploy to maximize intellectual property (IP) across the product portfolio?
- What tools are available for manufacturers to address complex product development, especially with respect to managing the integration of mechanical, electrical/electronic, and software components in model-based systems engineering?
- How can manufacturers capitalize on capabilities such as visualization, simulation, and intelligent search to support their product development efforts, and how can manufacturers realize more value from their existing PLM and innovation platform investments?
- How do manufacturers take advantage of newer technologies such as big data/analytics, cloud, mobile, social business, AR/VR, IoT, AI and machine learning, and advanced security as well as new technology strategies like digital twin and digital thread to improve their innovation processes and collaboration?
Who Should Subscribe
- Senior managers, business-line executives and managers responsible for product life-cycle strategies, methodologies, R&D, and engineering processes and systems, as well as the IT executives who support these activities
- IT, marketing, design engineering, R&D, manufacturing, service, supply chain, and quality management executives
- CXOs and senior business-line executives responsible for corporate, as well as product and digital innovation, strategy, and success