Content is at the heart of enterprise business processes – from customer service and employee onboarding to regulatory compliance and vendor management – and the amount of content is growing exponentially. IDC's Enterprise Content Strategies examines how the shift to 3rd Platform technologies for content is fundamentally changing both the solutions offered and the capabilities being put to use by the enterprise. This CIS includes the enterprise content management (ECM) and content collaboration software ecosystems and complements IDC's Content Workflow Transformation research program.
Enterprise Content Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- The shift from classic on-premise architectures to cloud and hybrid content management solutions
- The evolution of file synchronization and sharing to cloud-based content management
- Technologies that comprise the content management ecosystem such as intelligent search, text analytics, and content-centric workflow
- Content collaboration use cases
- Content strategy use cases
- Content governance use cases
- Content platforms and services
- Content generation and transformation
- Enterprise content management software
- File synchronization and sharing software
- Enterprise Content Management Software Forecast
- Enterprise Content Management Software Vendor Shares
- Worldwide File Sync and Share Solutions Forecast
- Worldwide File Sync and Share Solutions Vendor Shares
- Managing Enterprise Content IDC MaturityScape
- Managing Enterprise Content IDC MaturityScape Benchmark
- Enterprise Content Customer Needs Survey
- Enterprise Content Strategies Best Practices
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How are 3rd Platform technologies reshaping content management architectures?
- Which content applications are having the greatest impact on business?
- Who are the leading players, and how are they positioned to succeed in a changing market?
- How will the shift to 3rd Platform technologies and emerging cloud-based content management solutions affect current market players?
- How will content ecosystems evolve to support the next generation of content-enabled use cases and processes? How will this affect content-related software markets?
ASG Software Solutions, Accellion Inc., Acronis International GmbH, Alfresco Software, Inc., Amazon.com, Inc., Apple Inc., Axway Inc., Box, Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., DocuWare GmbH, Dropbox Inc., Egnyte, Inc., Google Inc., Hitachi, Ltd., Hyland Software, Inc., IBM, IMANAGE, INC., Intralinks Holdings Inc., Laserfiche Corp, M-Files Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Nuxeo, OpenText Corporation, Oracle Corporation, SpringCM Inc., Xerox Corporation