Digital transformation and the shift to digital business require companies to improve their back-office and front-office business processes from employee onboarding and customer service to regulatory compliance and accounting functions. IDC's Enterprise Content Strategies advisory program examines the fundamental redesign of content services and related use cases that are transformed by digitization and the application of 3rd Platform technologies. Driven by the increasing maturity of artificial intelligence and other innovative technologies, new opportunities for automation and optimization are fueling growth for technology providers that enable this market.
Enterprise Content Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- The shift from classic on-premise architectures to cloud and hybrid content services platforms
- The impact of machine learning and other artificial intelligence capabilities on the advancement of content management and process transformation
- Technologies that comprise the enterprise content services ecosystem including analytics, content management, task and process automation, enterprise capture, document automation, collaborative solutions, electronic signatures, and eforms
- Customer communications management software
- Enterprise content management software
- Content sharing and collaboration software
- AI-enabled enterprise capture and the transition of unstructured data into insights and action
- Transformation of content-centric use cases
- Worldwide Enterprise Capture Software Forecast
- Worldwide Enterprise Capture Software Market Share
- Worldwide Enterprise Content Strategies Software Forecast
- Worldwide Enterprise Content Strategies Software Market Share
- IDC MaturityScape Benchmark: Customer Communication Management
- IDC MarketScape: Cloud Content Services Platform
- Artificial Intelligence in Content-Centric Workflow
- Survey Research Addressing Content-Centric Workflow Automation and Optimization Use Cases, Challenges, and Benefits
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the various technologies, including intelligent process automation, that will be used to digitize, automate, and optimize content-centric workflows?
- How will content ecosystems evolve to support the next generation of content-enabled use cases and processes?
- What are the pain points and other factors driving the automation and optimization of content services?
- How is the role of information capture changing? What impact will analytics, machine learning, and other AI technologies have on traditional capture solutions and enterprise content services?
- How will the shift to 3rd Platform technologies and emerging cloud-based content services platforms affect current market offerings?
- How can vendors address rising customer expectations for more convenience, customization, personalization, and control of data?
ABBYY, ASG Software Solutions, Accellion Inc., Adobe Systems Inc., Alfresco Software, Inc., Box, Inc., Brother Industries, Ltd., Canon Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., DocuSign, Inc., DocuWare GmbH, Dropbox Inc., Eastman Kodak Company, Egnyte, Inc., Ephesoft Inc., Google Inc., HP Inc., HelloSign, Hyland Software, Inc., IBM, Iron Mountain Incorporated, KYOCERA Corporation, Kofax Inc., Konica Minolta Holdings, Inc., Laserfiche Corp., M-Files Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Nintex Group Pty. Ltd., Nuance Communications, Inc., Nuxeo, OpenText Corporation, Oracle Corporation, PAPYRUS, Quadient, Ricoh Company, Ltd., Smartsheet Inc., Xerox Corporation, Xpertdoc Technologies Inc., iManage LLC