Digital transformation (DX) and the shift to digital business require companies to improve their back-office and front-office business processes from employee onboarding and customer service to regulatory compliance and accounting functions. IDC's Enterprise Content Strategies advisory program examines the fundamental redesign of content services and related use cases that are transformed by digitization and the application of 3rd Platform technologies. Driven by the increasing maturity of cloud, artificial intelligence (AI), and other innovative technologies, opportunities for automation, insights, and optimization are fueling growth for technology providers that enable this market.
Enterprise Content Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- The shift from classic on-premises architectures to cloud and hybrid content apps
- The impact of machine learning and other AI capabilities on the advancement of content management and process transformation
- Technologies that make up the content services ecosystem, including analytics, content management, task and process automation, enterprise capture, document automation, collaborative solutions, electronic signatures, and electronic forms
- Transition of capture to intelligent document processing applications
- Customer communications management software
- Enterprise content management software
- Content sharing and collaboration software
- The transition of undefined and unstructured data into insights/action
- Digital transformation of content-centric use cases
- Evolution of intelligent knowledge networks
- Electronic and digital signature expansion across agreements and contracts
- Worldwide Enterprise Capture Applications Forecast
- Worldwide Enterprise Capture Applications Market Shares
- Worldwide Enterprise Content Management Applications and Content Sharing and Collaboration Applications Forecast
- Worldwide Enterprise Content Strategies Management Applications and Content Sharing and Collaboration Applications Market Shares
- Worldwide Customer Communications Management Software Forecast
- Worldwide Customer Communications Management Software Market Shares
- Worldwide eSignature Forecast
- IDC MarketScape: eSignature
- IDC MarketScape: Customer Communications Management
- Shifting Dynamics in Enterprise Content Strategies
- Survey Research Addressing Intelligent Document Processing Applications
- Asynchronous and Synchronous Communications
- Innovation in Communications Hubs and Communications as a Service
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the various technologies that will be used to digitize, automate, and optimize content-centric workflows?
- How will content ecosystems evolve to support the next generation of content-enabled use cases and processes?
- What are the pain points and other factors driving the automation and optimization of cloud-based content services?
- How is the role of information capture changing? What impact will analytics, machine learning, and other AI technologies have on traditional capture solutions and enterprise content services?
- How will the shift to 3rd Platform technologies and emerging cloud-based content services platforms affect current market offerings?
- How can vendors address rising customer expectations for more convenience, customization, personalization, and control of data?
ASG Technologies Group Inc., Alfresco Software, Inc., Box, Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., Dropbox Inc., Google LLC, Hyland Software, Inc., IBM, Intralinks Inc., Laserfiche Corp., Lexmark International, Inc., M-Files Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Nuance Communications, Inc., Nuxeo, OpenText Corporation, Oracle Corporation, SpringCM Inc., Xerox Corporation, iManage LLC