IDC's Enterprise Communications Services analyzes enterprise demand for connectedness and examines technologies such as WAN networking services, unified communications as a service (UCaaS), and embedded communications services (CPaaS). Network services covered include MPLS, Carrier Ethernet, and IP services (i.e., IP voice and internet access). The research examines communications service provider strategies for targeting the enterprise market and evaluates the competitive positioning of various players including traditional telecom providers, managed service providers, cable companies, OTT service providers, and UCaaS and CPaaS providers. The program also explores demand-side market dynamics, the factors fueling enterprise WAN transformation, business adoption of VoIP solutions, and the dynamics of creating API-based applications.
Enterprise Communications Services
Meet the Experts
Research Vice President, Worldwide Telecommunications Research
Research Vice President WW Telecom and Unified Communications
Research Director, Worldwide Telecommunications Services and Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- WAN, MPLS, Ethernet, and private circuits
- CPaaS voice, SMS, and video trends
- UCaaS, SIP trunking, and IP phone
- Emerging communications service provider strategies
- Enterprise voice migration trends
- Cloud communications service provider trends and end-user adoption
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide CPaaS Vendor Assessment
- IDC MarketScape: U.S. UCaaS Vendor Assessment
- U.S. Business Wireline Telecommunications Services Forecast
- Worldwide and U.S. Enterprise Wireline Telecommunications Service Provider Market Share
- Worldwide CPaaS Market Forecast
- Worldwide and U.S. UCaaS Service Provider Market Forecast
- U.S. Enterprise Communications Survey
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Which WAN technologies are best positioned to benefit from migration trends?
- What is CPaaS, and what use cases are gaining traction?
- How are enterprises adopting/creating API-based applications?
- What are the key drivers, adoption, and use trends regarding enterprise data and voice migration to IP services?
- What are the key drivers of telecom purchasing decisions?
- What communications technologies are becoming top priorities in enterprises connectedness strategies?
- What are the competitive strengths and weaknesses of the various players targeting the enterprise telecommunications market in the United States?
- AT&T Inc.
- Agora Lab, Inc.
- BT Group plc
- CHARTER BUSINESS SYSTEMS
- CLX Networks AB
- CenturyLink Inc.
- Cogent Communications Group, Inc.
- Comcast Corporation
- Cox Business Services LLC
- Frontier Communications Corp.
- Masergy Communications Inc.
- Messagebird B.V.
- Orange S.A.
- Plivo Inc.
- Reliance Globalcom Ltd.
- SAP SE
- Sidera Networks Inc.
- SightCall Inc
- T-Systems International GmbH
- Tata Communications Limited
- Twilio, Inc.
- Verizon Communications, Inc.
- Vidyo, Inc.
- Vodafone Group Plc
- Vonage Holdings Corp.
- West Corporation
- Windstream Holdings, Inc.
- Zayo Group Holdings Inc.