IDC's United States Enterprise Communications Services analyzes enterprise demand for WAN networking services with a focus on Carrier Ethernet and datacenter interconnect service trends and applications. It covers Layer 1, Layer 2, and Layer 3 WAN connectivity, as well as internet access and emerging value-added services such as enterprise WAN cloud connect services and new converged architectures and emerging networking technologies such as network function virtualization (NFV) and software-defined networking (SDN). The research examines service provider strategies for targeting the enterprise market and evaluates the competitive positioning of a variety of players, including traditional telecom providers, competitive carriers, and new market entrants. The program also explores demand-side market dynamics, the factors fueling enterprise WAN evolution, and business adoption of VoIP solutions.
United States Enterprise Communications Services
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Carrier Ethernet
- Private line
- IP voice trends
- Enterprise networking services dynamics
- Service provider WAN cloud connect strategies
- Profiles of unique and innovative services and companies
- Emerging business telecom value-added services trends
- Demand-side analysis developed from IDC's Enterprise Communications Manager Survey
- U.S. Enterprise Telecommunications IDC MarketScape
- Carrier Ethernet Services Market Forecast and Analysis
- Private Line Services Market Forecast and Analysis
- Datacenter Interconnect Solutions
- U.S. Enterprise Communications Survey
- Enterprise Migration Trends
- U.S. Telecommunications Services Forecast and Analysis
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Which WAN technologies are best positioned to benefit from migration trends?
- What applications will drive demand for Ethernet WAN, VPN, and wavelength services?
- How do cloud-based software solutions and cloud connect offerings impact enterprise wireline communication service choices?
- What are the factors and emerging trends influencing enterprise data and voice migration, technology adoption, and telecom purchasing decisions?
- What are the competitive strengths and weaknesses of the various players targeting the enterprise telecommunications market in the United States?
AT&T Inc., BT Group plc, CenturyLink Inc., Charter Communications, Inc., Cogent Communications Group, Inc., Comcast Corporation, Cox Communications, Inc., Frontier Communications Corp., IntelePeer Inc., Masergy Communications Inc., NTT, Orange S.A., Reliance Globalcom Ltd., Sidera Networks Inc., Simple Signal Inc., Sprint Corporation, T-Systems International GmbH, Tata Communications Limited, Verizon Communications, Inc., West IP Communications, Inc., Windstream Holdings, Inc., Zayo Group Holdings Inc.
Meet the Experts
Research Manager, Broadband, Enterprise Voice & IP Communications Services, and Unified Communications
Group Vice President of Worldwide Telecommunications Research
Research VP, WW Telecom Cloud, & Virtualization Services