IDC's European Enterprise Applications research provides a coordinated view of the applications field, which is undergoing rapid change, by combining software product-related research with coverage of the broader market opportunities and ecosystem dynamics. The research identifies strategies for revenue growth, and positions competing enterprise application vendors in the marketplace. It dissects the European enterprise applications market by country, company size, vendor, functional segment, and deployment model.
European Enterprise Applications
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Enterprise resource management (ERM) applications
- Human capital management (HCM) and payroll applications
- Supply chain management (SCM) applications
- Enterprise application market evolution in Europe
- End-user solution spending trends and expectations
- Market opportunity and growth trends in the region
- SaaS adoption and emerging ERP modernization strategies
- Country-specific dynamics by solution area
- Competitive environment and recommendations for vendors
- New directions around ERP modernization; understanding modernization archetypes and customer journeys
- C-Suite enterprise application priorities: CFO, CHRO and COO
- Vendor strategy assessments for the region
- Understanding changes in employee experience
- European ERM Applications Market Forecast, 2022–2026
- European ERM Applications Competitive Analysis, 2021
- European SCM Applications Competitive Analysis, 2021
- European EPM Applications Market Forecast 2021-2025 European SCM Applications Market Forecast 2022–2026
- European Financial Applications Market Forecast, 2022-2026
- European HCM and Payroll Accounting Market Forecast 2022–2026
- European HCM and Payroll Accounting Competitive Analysis, 2021
- European SCM Applications Market Forecast 2022–2026
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key ERP modernization archetypes and journeys for organizations in Europe?
- How can enterprise applications vendors match the specific priorities of key buyers, e.g. CFO, COO, IT, and CHRO?
- What future ERP concepts resonate with customers and what does that mean for vendors in Europe?
- What is the impact of technology on employee experience and how do they help meet the challenges around diversity and inclusion?
- What is the competitive environment in Europe today and what are the recommendations for vendors?
1C Company, ADP LLC, AFAS Inc., Access Group Holdings Co. Ltd., Aditro AB, Adobe Systems Inc., Advanced Systems Inc., Anaplan, Inc., Basware Corporation, Cegid Group, Cornerstone OnDemand, Inc., Coupa Software, Inc., DATEV eG, Deltek, Inc., EG A/S, Epicor Software Corporation, Exact Holding B.V., FinancialForce.com Inc., Haufe Group, IBM, IFS AB, IRIS Software Group Ltd., Inetum, Infor Inc., Iptor Supply Chain Systems, MHR Ltd., Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Personal & Informatik Aktiengesellschaft, Planon Group, QAD Inc., SAP SE, SAS Institute Inc., SD Worx NV, Sage Group plc, Salesforce.com, Inc., Sopra Group SA, Swisslog Holding Ltd., TalentSoft SA, TeamSystem S.r.l., Ultimate Kronos Group, Unit4 NV, Visma AS, Wolters Kluwer N.V., Workday, Inc., Xero Limited, Zellis UK Limited, Zucchetti Group S.p.A., proALPHA Business Solutions GmbH
Meet the Experts
Associate Vice President for the Software Tracker, Public Cloud Services Tracker, and European Enterprise Applications research
Program Manager, IDC European Enterprise Applications Program
Senior Research Director, European Enterprise Applications