Economic and political uncertainties contribute to the myriad of business issues that must be addressed such as globalization, innovation, regulation, sustainability/ESG and ethics, talent and diversity gaps, and overall organizational transformation driven in large part by technology. Business consulting plays an essential role in helping enterprises address these issues and adapt their business strategies. Specifically, business consulting helps firms retrench with their existing capabilities, align and position for future opportunities, and envision, validate, and execute new strategies and major changes to operations. As a result, business consulting provides significant opportunities in each economic cycle. IDC's Worldwide Business Consulting Services research analyzes the business imperatives that drive business consulting requirements, offers predictions for consulting and advisory services players, and provides strategic guidance to help consulting and advisory services firms compete more effectively.
Worldwide Business Consulting Services
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Strategy consulting
- Operations consulting
- Finance and accounting consulting
- Governance, risk, and compliance consulting
- Organizational and change consulting
- Advisory services
- Global business consulting spending review and forecast by region, company size, and vertical industry
- Market share analysis (including the top 10 business consulting providers worldwide)
- Comparative end-to-end capability of different types of consulting firms at the intersection of business and technology
- Analysis of the distinct business services being offered by advisory firms, best practices, and emerging opportunities
- Global and regional opportunities around digital strategy and transformation, sustainability/ESG, and innovation
- Business Consulting Services: U.S. and Worldwide Forecast and Analysis
- Business Consulting Services: U.S. and Worldwide Market Shares
- IDC MarketScape: Business Consulting Vendor Analysis by Geography and Key Functional Capabilities (e.g., change consulting)
- Trends in Consulting and Advisory Services
- Emerging Opportunities for Business Consulting Providers (e.g., sustainability/ESG and digital ethics, innovation ecosystems)
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How can business consulting providers win against their competitors?
- What business issues drive business consulting services requirements?
- How will the changes in business consulting market dynamics and the competitive landscape affect the services industry?
- How do business and IT consulting and outsourcing businesses interrelate?
- What key capabilities cause enterprises to choose particular providers?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the leading consulting and advisory firms as perceived by their clients?
A.T. Kearney Limited, ABeam Consulting Ltd., Accenture plc, Aon plc, Arthur D. Little Services SAS, Atos SE, Avanade Inc., BDO International Ltd., Bain & Company, Inc., BearingPoint Holding BV, Berkeley Advisors Group LLC, Booz Allen Hamilton Inc., Boston Consulting Group Inc., Capgemini Services SAS, Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation, DXC Technology Co., Deloitte LLP, Ernst & Young Global Limited, Fair Isaac Corporation, Fujitsu Limited, Genpact Ltd., IBM, Infosys Limited, KPMG International, Korn/Ferry International, L.E.K. Consulting LLC, Management Consulting Group PLC, McKinsey & Company, Mercer LLC, NTT DATA Corporation, Oliver Wyman Group, PA Consulting Group, Inc., PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Roland Berger Holding GmbH, Simon, Kucher & Co. Holding GmbH, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Wipro Limited, ZS Associates Inc.