Economic and political uncertainties contribute to the myriad of business issues that must be addressed such as globalization, innovation, regulation, complexity, talent and diversity gaps, and overall organizational transformation driven in large part by technology. Business consulting plays an essential role in helping enterprises to address these issues and to adapt their business strategies. Specifically, business consulting helps firms retrench with their existing capabilities, align and position for future opportunities, and envision, validate, and execute new strategies and major changes to operations. As a result, business consulting provides significant opportunities in each economic cycle. IDC's Worldwide Business Consulting Services research analyzes the business imperatives that drive business consulting requirements, offers predictions for consulting and advisory services players, and provides strategic guidance to help consulting and advisory services firms compete more effectively.
Worldwide Business Consulting Services
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Strategy consulting
- Operations consulting
- Finance and accounting consulting
- Governance, risk, and compliance consulting
- Business and transformation consulting
- Advisory services
- Global business consulting spending review and forecast by region, company size, and vertical industry
- Top 10 business consulting providers worldwide
- Comparative capability of different types of consulting firms
- Analysis of the distinct business services being offered by advisory firms
- Global and regional opportunity for finance, supply chain, and operations consulting domains as well as special topics such as sustainability and ethics
- Business Consulting Services: U.S. and Worldwide Forecast and Analysis
- Business Consulting Services: U.S. and Worldwide Market Shares
- IDC MarketScape: Business Consulting Vendor Analysis by Geography and Key Functional Capabilities (e.g., change consulting)
- Trends in Consulting and Advisory Services
- Emerging Opportunities for Business Consulting Providers
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How can business consulting providers win against their competitors?
- What business issues drive business consulting services requirements?
- How will the changes in business consulting market dynamics and the competitive landscape affect the services industry?
- How do consulting and outsourcing businesses interrelate?
- What key capabilities cause enterprises to choose particular providers?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the leading consulting and advisory firms as perceived by their clients?
A.T. Kearney Limited, Accenture plc, Atos S.A., Bain & Company, Inc., BearingPoint Holding BV, Capgemini Services SAS, DXC Technology Co., Deloitte LLP, Ernst & Young Global Limited, Fair Isaac Corporation, IBM, KPMG International, Korn/Ferry International, Management Consulting Group PLC, McKinsey & Company, Mercer LLC, PA Consulting Group, Inc., PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Roland Berger Holding GmbH, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, The Berkeley Partnership LLP, The Boston Consulting Group, Inc., ZS Associates Inc.