The combination of efforts on customer experience, innovation, supply chain, and ecosystem enablement is leading retailers toward what IDC defines as new commerce everywhere business models, architected to generate value in the ecosystem beyond selling products and services to consumers. These new models are designed to operate "commerce" beyond the "transaction" and "everywhere," beyond "customer facing," and the ecosystem collaboration mindset that is required for their execution renders them intrinsically innovation driven. In this context, retailers need to adopt a set of technologies to evolve their customer experience strategies, from personalization to delivering empathy where the focus is on constantly learning from customers. They must move from the lowest level of indifferent to impersonal to targeted to personalized to empathetic through a progression that requires increasingly contextual information. The IDC Retail Insights: Worldwide Retail Customer Experience and Commerce Strategies advisory service examines best practices, trends, use cases, market forces and challenges, and underlying technologies that directly impact a retailer's ability to provide real-time contextual experiences. The program tracks and analyzes the key trends of retail commerce platforms and retail customer experience.
IDC Retail Insights: Worldwide Retail Customer Experience and Commerce Strategies
The service collects relevant global market data through in-depth interviews and primary research with retail IT executives, store and line-of-business (LOB) executives, technology vendors, and consumers, complemented by secondary research from conferences, industry and technology associations, and third-party news sources. IDC Retail Insights' analysts develop unique and comprehensive analyses of this data that is focused on providing actionable recommendations to retailers and the technology vendors they work with.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Retail customer experience personalization
- Retail commerce platform – the digital platform for retail to enable omni-channel profits and longer-term retail innovation
- eCommerce trends and marketplaces
- Disruptive technologies applied to retail such as AI, AR/VR, IoT, blockchain, and 5G
- Customer journey mapping
- Marketing, advertising, and loyalty impact on customer life-cycle industry short lists and vendor assessments for key solution areas (e.g., retail commerce platform, ecommerce, and mobile)
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What kind of approach should retailers adopt in terms of customer experience personalization?
- What's the customer experience maturity level?
- How is the way that traffic is built, sustained, and grown fundamentally changing?
- Why is customer consent becoming a new loyalty currency?
- What are the challenges that retailers are facing today to drive omni-channel digital transformation?
- What are the key factors for omni-channel profitability?
- Why is AI becoming foundational?
- How do retailers transform the IT organization to be more flexible and efficient?
- Why is the platform essential to address short-term omni-channel business requirements and enable innovation?
Who Should Subscribe
The IDC Retail Insights: Worldwide Retail Customer Experience and Commerce Strategies service is ideally suited to support the needs of retail and IT decision makers and executives responsible for supporting all aspects of the customer selling process. Retail IT and operations management and commerce technology suppliers will also benefit from this service.