IDC's Unified Communications and Collaboration (UC&C) service is supported by a cross-functional team of IDC analysts to provide a holistic view of how multiple markets intersect in the journey toward UC&C. It examines unified communications — a combination of directory, routing, and the management of communications, presence, and mobile access to deliver seamlessly integrated voice, messaging, collaboration, and video applications — from multiple technology and services angles. It also examines the incorporation of conferencing and team collaboration collaborative apps in the market's UC&C solutions. This unique IDC service delivers in-depth UC&C forecasts, UC&C vendor competitive analysis, and a comprehensive UC&C taxonomy.
Unified Communications and Collaboration
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Top UC&C ecosystem vendors and service providers
- Cloud UC/UCaaS vendors and service provider offerings as part of UC&C solutions
- Unified messaging, including email, fax, instant messaging, and voicemail
- IP PBXs and IP phones
- Web, audio, and videoconferencing solutions
- UC&C integration with a subset of collaborative apps, namely conferencing and team collaborative apps
- Business costs and benefits of UC&C
- Drivers and inhibitors of UC&C adoption
- Deploying UC&C solutions
- UC&C best practices
- Worldwide Unified Communications and Collaboration Forecast, Including Cloud-Based UC/UCaaS
- Unified Communications and Collaboration Taxonomy
- IDC's U.S. Enterprise Communications Survey: Unified Communications and Collaboration
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Unified Communications and Collaboration Vendor Analysis
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide UCaaS Vendor Analysis
- IDC MaturityScape: Unified Communications and Collaboration
- IDC TechScape: Unified Communications and Collaboration Technologies
- IDC's U.S. Enterprise Communications Survey: Videoconferencing
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise Videoconferencing Vendor Analysis
- IDC Market Glance: Unified Communications and Collaboration
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the worldwide total available market for UC&C for infrastructure, hosted and managed voice, and other UC&C segments?
- What are the most compelling customer use cases for UC&C?
- What is IDC's assessment of the strategies and capabilities of the different UC&C ecosystem solution providers relative to each other?
- What are the market dynamics, drivers, and inhibitors of UC&C and UCaaS solutions?
8x8 Inc., AT&T Inc., Alcatel-Lucent S.A., Amazon.com Inc., Atos SE, Avaya Inc., BT Group plc, Blue Jeans Network, Inc., BroadSoft, Inc., CenturyLink Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Comcast Corporation, Fuze Entertainment Co., Ltd., Genesys Laboratories Canada Inc., Google LLC, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Intel Corporation, Lifesize Inc., Logitech International SA, Microsoft Corporation, Mitel LLC, NEC Corporation, NTT, NTT Communications Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Orange S.A., Pexip AS, Poly, Ribbon Communications Inc., RingCentral, Inc., Salesforce.com, Inc., Sharp Corporation, StarLeaf Ltd., T-Mobile International AG, Tata Communications Limited, Telstra Corporation Limited, TrueConf LLC, Unify Inc., Unisys Corporation, Verizon Communications, Inc., Vidyo, Inc., Vodafone Group Plc, Vonage Holdings Corp., Windstream Holdings, Inc., ZOOM Technologies Inc.