IDC's Business Analytics and Decisioning Software market research and advisory service helps product, marketing, channel, marketing intelligence, and strategic planning professionals assess business opportunities and position their products within the "build" or "buy" markets for business intelligence, augmented analytics, and decisioning solutions. This market encompasses horizontal tools and prepackaged analytic applications deployed for a broad range of decision support and decision automation use cases and includes software to support the full analytics life cycle. IDC's Business Analytics and Decisioning Software service is aligned with IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Big Data and Analytics Software Tracker® and IDC's Worldwide Big Data and Analytics Spending Guide.
Business Analytics and Decisioning Software
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Big Data and analytics adoption trends
- Big Data and analytics best practices
- Enterprise performance management
- Enterprise planning, forecasting, and simulation
- Advanced and predictive analytics
- Augmented analytics
- Impact of AI on business analytics
- Decision management and automation
- Data visualization and discovery
- Cloud adoption of business analytics
- Open source business analytics
- Embedded business analytics
- Disruptive innovations in business analytics and decisioning, such as crowd intelligence and swarm intelligence
- Big Data and Analytics – Related IDC MaturityScapes, IDC PeerScapes, IDC MarketScapes, and IDC FutureScapes
- Big Data and Analytics Software Forecast and Shares
- Business Intelligence and Analytic Tools Forecast and Shares
- IDC MarketScapes in Key Market Segments
- Performance Management and Analytic Applications Forecast and Shares
- Analytic Data Management and Integration Software Forecast and Shares
- End-User Demand Trends Assessment Based on Surveys and In-Depth Interviews
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What strategies will companies use to build, buy, and integrate business analytics and decisioning software technology?
- How will business analytics and decisioning solutions develop over the foreseeable future?
- What challenges do organizations face in implementing business analytics and decisioning solutions?
- What new opportunities exist in the business analytics and decisioning market?
- What will the impact of AI be on the business analytics and decision market and its segments?
- What strategies are effective in expanding the penetration of business analytics solutions?
Alteryx, Inc., Amazon Web Services Inc., Anaplan, Inc., Board International SA, Cloudera, Inc., Domo Inc., Fair Isaac Corporation, Google LLC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, InCorta, Inc., Infor Inc., MicroStrategy Incorporated, Microsoft Corporation, OpenText Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Planful Inc., Qlik Technologies Inc., SAP SE, SAS Institute Inc., Salesforce.com, Inc., Sisense Ltd., Snowflake Inc., Syntellis Performance Solutions LLC, TIBCO Software Inc., Tableau Software, Inc., Teradata Corporation, The MathWorks Inc., ThoughtSpot Inc., Workday, Inc.