IDC's Business Analytics Solutions service helps product, marketing, channel, and strategic planning professionals assess business opportunities and position their products within the "build" or "buy" markets for business analytics solutions. This market encompasses horizontal tools and pre-packaged analytic applications deployed for a broad range of decision support and decision automation use cases and includes software to support the full life cycle of data integration, integrity, analysis, visualization, and related decision support functionality. The IDC Business Analytics Solutions service is aligned with the IDC Worldwide Semi-Annual Big Data and Analytics Software Tracker® and IDC Worldwide Semi-Annual Big Data and Analytics Spending Guide.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Big Data and analytics maturity benchmarks
- Supply chain, workforce, and services operations analytic applications
- Collaborative business analytics
- Pervasive business intelligence
- Spatial information management
- Big Data and analytics best practices
- Business analytics appliances
- Decision management
- Visual discovery
- Convergence of BI and business process automation
- Unified access to content and data
- Cloud business analytics
- Open source business analytics
- Mobile business analytics
- Big Data and Analytics–Related MaturityScapes, PeerScapes, MarketScapes, and FutureScapes
- Worldwide Big Data and Analytics Software Forecast and Shares
- Business Intelligence and Analytic Tools Forecast and Shares
- Worldwide Performance and Analytic Applications Forecast and Shares
- Worldwide Analytic Data Management and Integration Software Forecast and Shares
- End-User Demand Trends for Business Analytics
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What strategies will companies use to build, buy, and integrate analytic applications?
- How will broader options of business analytics solutions develop over the foreseeable future?
- What challenges do organizations face in implementing business analytics solutions?
- What opportunities exist in the business analytics services market?
- What will be the impact of Big Data and analytics on the broader market?
- What strategies are effective in expanding the penetration of business analytics solutions?
BOARD International S.A.,
ENVIRONMENTAL SYSTEMS RESEARCH INSTITUTE, INC.,
Host Analytics Inc,
SAS Institute Inc.,
TIBCO Software Inc.,
Tableau Software, Inc.,