The shift to cloud-based IT plays an increasingly important role in the infrastructure market as a driver of innovation, a source of new capabilities, and a consumer of IT hardware and software. Enterprise private clouds remain critical parts of IT organizations' datacenter modernization plans, but they want to address shortcomings such as inconsistency in configuration, inflexible deployment options, and limited usefulness as a platform for innovation that undercut initial private cloud investments. A new generation of private cloud options that address these issues will be the key drivers of future private cloud market growth. IDC's Dedicated Cloud Infrastructure and Services program will provide a single/cross-discipline perspective on all things related to private cloud, including a standard taxonomy, a whole private cloud forecast, competitive analysis, and a survey-based analysis of emerging private cloud use cases.
Dedicated Cloud Infrastructure and Services
Meet the Experts
Research Director, Cloud Infrastructure Services
Research Vice President, Cloud and Edge Infrastructure Services
Research Vice President, Infrastructure Systems, Platforms and Technologies Group
Senior Research Director, IDC BuyerView Research
Program Vice President, Datacenter and Support Services
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Spending on server, storage, network hardware/software, and deployment/support services by builders of enterprise and hosted private clouds
- Assessment of new hardware/software-defined bundling solutions that enables faster delivery of more standard private clouds
- Analysis of new subscription-based local cloud–as-a-service (LCaaS) offerings and their impact on existing private cloud offerings
- Role of next-generation private cloud solutions in enabling delivery of digital services to edge locations
- Private Cloud Taxonomy
- Private Cloud Market Glance
- Whole Private Cloud Forecast: Infrastructure and Service Spending
- Private Cloud Adoption and Upgrade Plans: User Survey
- Private Cloud Hardware/Software Competitive Analysis
- Local Cloud as a Service Market Forecast
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What will enterprises spend on hardware, software, and services to build/operate their own private clouds versus spend on hosted private cloud and LCaaS subscriptions?
- What will cloud SPs spend on hardware, software, and services to deliver hosted private clouds and LCaaS solutions?
- What role will colocation and managed services providers play in extending the reach of hosted private cloud and LCaaS solutions?
- How quickly will cloud-native services such as containers, serverless computing, and accelerated computing be incorporated into private cloud solutions?
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
- Alibaba Group Holding Limited
- Amazon.com Inc.
- Atos SE
- BT Group plc
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- CoreSite Realty Corporation
- DXC Technology Co.
- Dell Technologies Inc.
- Digital Realty Trust, Inc.
- Equinix Inc.
- F5 Inc.
- Flexential Inc.
- Fujitsu Limited
- Google LLC
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Hitachi Vantara LLC
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Inspur Group Co., Ltd.
- Iron Mountain Inc.
- Juniper Networks, Inc.
- Lenovo Group Limited
- Lumen Technologies
- Microsoft Corporation
- NETSCOUT Systems, Inc.
- NTT DATA Corporation
- NVIDIA Corporation
- NetApp, Inc.
- Nutanix, Inc.
- OVH Groupe S.A.S
- Oracle Corporation
- Orange S.A.
- Pivot3 Inc.
- Pure Storage, Inc.
- Rackspace Technology Global, Inc.
- Red Hat, Inc.
- Telstra Corporation Limited
- VMware, Inc.
- Veritas AG
- Zayo Group Holdings Inc.