The emergence of cloud-based application and computing services continues to have a profound impact on the storage industry. Companies building cloud environments are emerging as major consumers of storage systems, and their demands are affecting storage hardware and software development efforts. Storage suppliers are left with a choice: enable others to build private and/or public clouds using their technology and/or stand up their own clouds. IDC's Infrastructure: Strategies for Cloud Builders service will provide forecasts, competitive assessments, and user insights on the development of storage and the cloud — offering insight into both models.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Public cloud IaaS storage services (e.g., Amazon, Google, IBM, Rackspace, Virtustream)
- Data and workload migration to cloud-based infrastructure and cloud migration services
- Spending on storage hardware and software by builders of private and public clouds
- Impact on commercial storage offerings from ODM direct storage and public cloud IaaS offerings
- Storage for the Cloud: Storage Infrastructure Consumption for Private and Public Clouds
- Storage in the Cloud: Adoption and Usage of Public Cloud IaaS Storage Services
- Storage and the Cloud: Taxonomy for Cloud-Based Storage Services
- User Barriers and Requirements for Adopting Cloud-Based Storage
- Primary Research into the Needs and Challenges Faced by Cloud Service Providers
- Data and Workloads Being Moved into Cloud-Based Infrastructures by Users
- Economics of IaaS Cloud Storage
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the spending by organizations/individuals on cloud-based storage?
- What are the main factors driving organizations' interest in cloud-based storage service offerings?
- What is the spending on storage by cloud-based application and IT service providers?
- What capabilities and functional requirements are shaping cloud service providers' investments in storage hardware, software, and professional services?
- How will the ecosystem and channel for cloud-based storage services evolve?
- How are enterprises adopting cloud-based storage infrastructure?
BT Group plc,
Barracuda Networks, Inc.,
Computer Sciences Corporation,
Global Relay Communications Inc.,
Hewlett Packard Enterprise,
OPNET TECHNOLOGIES, INC.,
Rackspace Hosting, Inc.,
Seagate Technology LLC,
Telstra Corporation Limited,
Time Warner Inc.,
Verizon Communications, Inc.