IDC's Agile Application Life-Cycle, Quality and Portfolio Strategies service provides insight into business and IT alignment through end-to-end application life-cycle and DevOps strategies including IT portfolio management, software quality metrics, testing and verification tools, software change and configuration, and agile and continuous releases for digital transformation. This service provides insights on how product, organizational, and process transitions can help address regulatory compliance, security, and licensing issues covering cloud, SaaS, and open source software. It also analyzes trends related to application life-cycle management and software asset deployment with applications that leverage and target social business, composite and embedded apps, IoT, virtualization, complex sourcing, and enterprise project and portfolio management (PPM) solutions.
Agile Application Life-Cycle, Quality and Portfolio Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Software life-cycle process, requirements, configuration management and collaboration, and agile development and projects
- Software quality, including mobile, cloud, and embedded strategies
- PPM software trends and strategies
- IT project and portfolio management software
- Developer, business, and operations trends
- Tools enabling DevOps and governance solutions to align complex deployment, financial management, infrastructure, business priorities
- Trends in software configuration management (SCM), including connecting business to IT via requirements management and web services demands on agile life-cycle management solutions
- Automated software quality (ASQ) tools evolution: hosted testing, web services, API and cloud testing, service virtualization, vulnerability and risk and value-based testing, and other emerging technologies (e.g., mobile, analysis, and metrics)
- Trends in collaborative software development with social media
- Application Life-Cycle Management Forecasts and Analyses
- Software Configuration Management Forecasts and Analyses
- IDC MarketScapes: IT PPM, Cloud PPM, Agile PPM, Enterprise ASQ, Mobile/Digital Quality, Code Analytics/Security, DevOps ALM
- Automated Software Quality Forecasts and Analyses
- Project and Portfolio Management, IT Project Portfolio Management, Agile ALM, Requirements, and Quality Analysis/Security
- Cloud Testing and ALM and PPM SaaS and Cloud Trends
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How should demands for quality and adaptability be addressed across platforms and business needs (mobile, embedded, etc.)?
- What does agile and service emergence mean for businesses?
- What is the impact of emerging trends for "DevOps," complex sourcing, open source, "smarter" products, social media, SaaS, and cloud for ALM and full life-cycle management?
- How should companies respond to dynamically changing business demands for IT reinvestment, integrated life-cycle management evolution, volatility, and economic pressures?
- What are the key components and core strategies for successful IT governance of ALM with dramatically changing deployment and quality/security needs for mobile, cloud, and emerging platforms?
Actifio, Inc., Akamai Technologies, Inc., Arthur J. McCabe & Associates, Asana Rebel GmbH, Atlassian Pty Ltd., Autodesk, Inc., BMC Software, Inc., Broadcom Inc., COVERITY INC, Cisco Systems, Inc., Clarizen Ltd., CloudBees, Inc., CollabNet Inc., Compuware Corporation, Dassault Systemes SE, Deltek, Inc., Electric Cloud, Inc., Empirix Inc., GitHub Inc., IBM, Infosys Limited, Intellicorp Inc., Microsoft Corporation, National Instruments Corporation, New Relic, Inc., Oracle Corporation, PALAMIDA INC, Parasoft, Perfecto Mobile Ltd., Perforce Software, Inc. / Perforce Software Inc. / Perforce Software Inc. / Perforce Software Inc., Planisware S.A.S, Planview, Inc., Riverbed Technology, Inc., SAP SE, SCITOR CORPORATION, SOASTA, Inc., Sauce Labs Inc., ServiceNow, Inc., Siemens AG, SiteSpect Inc., Smartsheet Inc., Softlab - Laboratori per la Produzione Industriale del Software - Societa per Azioni, Synopsys, Inc., Tasktop Technologies Inc., ThoughtWorks Inc., Trello Inc., UNNO INDUSTRIES LIMITED, VMware, Inc., Veracode, Inc., Wipro Limited, Xamarin Inc., iRise, Inc., rPath Inc, uTest Inc.