IDC's Small and Medium Business Markets program provides an overview of key IT trends affecting small and midsize businesses (SMBs) in the United States, with additional detail on worldwide SMB activities. The program's survey work and forecasts provide detail on the acquisition and use of key technology categories, including PCs, advanced software applications, IT services, and unified communications. The Small and Medium Business Markets program includes one of the four optional modules: (1) SMB Markets: Mobility Strategies and Application Development, (2) SMB Markets: Cloud Adoption — Applications, Analytics, and Digital Transformation (DX), (3) SMB Markets: Infrastructure Innovation — Virtualization and DX, and (4) SMB Global Overview.
- U.S. SMB IT Spending Forecasts, 2017-2021
- U.S. Vertical Market Profiles — Key Technology Use and Plans
- U.S. SMB TLD Home Page and eCommerce Profile
- Changing Channel Preferences for IT Solutions — The Growing Importance of Online Sourcing
- SMB Use of Different IT Services and IT Support Solutions
- SMB Information Sources and the Changing Role of Social Media
- How SMBs Get the Word Out — Promotional Resources Used
- U.S. and Worldwide Mobile Worker Forecast
- Changing U.S. Remote Worker Support Trends and BYOD
- Business Priorities and Technology Spending Priorities
- Cluster Analysis: Opportunities by U.S. SMB Attitude Segments
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.