With the evolution of energy and water markets and the possibilities offered by digital transformation, utilities are developing new business models and are focusing on providing customers more interactive experiences. Smart metering, analytics, social media, mobility, cloud, and IoT are fundamentally impacting customer operation practices in both competitive and regulated markets. The IDC Energy Insights: Worldwide Utilities Customer Experience Strategies service is designed to help utilities and energy retailers servicing customers in competitive and regulated markets at the worldwide level (including electricity, gas, and water). The service provides exclusive research and direct access to experts providing guidance to make the right IT investments and meet corporate objectives of customer satisfaction, reduction of cost to serve, and innovation.
IDC Energy Insights: Worldwide Utilities Customer Experience Strategies
This service develops unique analysis and comprehensive data through IDC Energy Insights' proprietary research projects, along with ongoing communications with industry experts, utility management, ICT vendors, and service providers. With decades of experience in the utility industry, our analysts leverage a broad spectrum of expertise and intellectual property from both IDC and IDC Energy Insights. Research reports elucidate business strategy, best practices, technology selection, and vendor assessment, along with short perspectives on topical issues. To ensure relevance, our analysts work with subscribers to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Business models innovation and technology-enabled innovation
- Customer experience transformation
- Customer-facing technologies, including smart metering, connected home, and other energy efficiency tools
- Evolution in major applications adopted by utilities and energy retailers, including customer care and billing, meter data management, HEM, and customer experience management
- Best practices and case studies related to business process and technology alignment
- IDC MarketScape evaluating technologies and providers servicing global utility customer operations
- Critical business and regulatory drivers impacting customer operations
- Emerging IT trends (including IoT, cognitive systems, cloud, big data and analytics, mobility, and social business) and their impact on customer operations and strategies
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How is the digital transformation impacting utilities customer operations? What is being disrupted? Will utilities be able to reap the benefits in the short term?
- What are the key market trends and challenges facing utilities customer operations and strategies in the years ahead?
- What are the opportunities and threats with business models changing, and what are the technology requirements?
- What is the impact of information technology investments on the performance of customer operations?
- How are peers in energy and water supply leveraging technology to generate revenue, increase efficiencies, reduce costs, gain competitive advantage, and ensure regulatory compliance?
- How do emerging technologies such as IoT, cognitive systems, big data and analytics, cloud, mobility, and social business apply to utility customer operations?
- How do utilities improve customer engagement and trust?
Who Should Subscribe
The IDC Energy Insights: Worldwide Utilities Customer Experience Strategies service is ideally suited to support the needs of business managers responsible for customer strategies and operations and IT executives who support this function. Technology suppliers specialized in offering customer care, billing, and smart metering services and solutions to utilities will also benefit from this service with a better understanding of key market trends and challenges